Blocking text messages

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

Blocking text messages

Blocking text messages

SOLVED
Dk3
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Blocking text messages

i'd  like to know  how to block  text messages  from  certain  numbers....  usually from annoying  scammers  who aren't  who  they seem  to be  &  would  like  to  block it  some  how?  can it be  done on the  call reject  or is that just for  calls  &  not  texts?

Accepted Solution

Re: Blocking text messages

Solved by MVP MVP

@Dk3 Try this, text the word xtreme to 4716 then go to the provided link then go to text blocker and enter the number you want to block.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Dk3 wrote:

i'd  like to know  how to block  text messages  from  certain  numbers....  usually from annoying  scammers  who aren't  who  they seem  to be  &  would  like  to  block it  some  how?  can it be  done on the  call reject  or is that just for  calls  &  not  texts?

***Edited to add labels***

Hello Dk3,

Welcome to the community!

What phone are you using? Some of the android phones (possibly iPhones as well) have an option to add the sender's number to your phone's spam list (different from call block/reject list). To check whether your phone has a similar function, select the offending message and view the message options. One of the options might be Add to spam numbers

Hope this helps Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Dk3 Try this, text the word xtreme to 4716 then go to the provided link then go to text blocker and enter the number you want to block.