Block my number?

Block my number?

Block my number?

SOLVED
lindam
I'm Helpful Level 2

Block my number?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S III mini and was wondering if it's possible to hide my number when I'm calling certain people.  No, I'm not stalking anyone!  My old LG Optimus had the option, but I can't see it anywhere on my new phone.

Thx in advance Smiley

Accepted Solution

Re: Block my number?

Solved by I'm an Expert Level 2

Yes its possible, even if there is no menu in your phone simply dial #31# <number>  the menu in your phone simply adds this infront of the number anyway, so if some phones dont have the menu to block just dial as i instructed.

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Yes its possible, even if there is no menu in your phone simply dial #31# <number>  the menu in your phone simply adds this infront of the number anyway, so if some phones dont have the menu to block just dial as i instructed.

RobbS
I'm a Participant Level 2

The "#31" option does not work for me. Not on my iPhone 3, BB Curve, BB Wave, or BB Bold. I tried it on 3 different numbers and got a recorded message stating "cannot complete as dialled" blah blah.  I did find an ooption on the Bold about "Restrict My Identity"... whatever.

Just wanted to say that #31 did not work for me. FYI

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

just be sure your dialing it correctly, its not #31, its # 31 and another # then the number, then SEND,   if you forget to put the second # itt wont go thru and will give u the message u described. FIY the hide my identity menu on your black berry phone dials this string for you

RobbS
I'm a Participant Level 2

Luv it!! 2 years later, it is " #" and a space then "31" then another "#" and then the number (meaning the number to... yeah...
All BS. Tried 'your' suggestion Pablo this way to heaven, and then on my iPhone 3, and... well, glad I didnt follow up sooner on yr reply. I'd have said "*%#! %&$"

lindam
I'm Helpful Level 2

Thank you Very_Happy