Block caller on Wireless Home Phone?

SOLVED
Carrie1956
I'm a Participant Level 3

Ever since I switched to a wireless home phone, I have been inundated with calls from scammers and telemarketers.  Any ideas on how to block these callers on my wireless home phone?

***Edited to add labels*** 

Accepted Solution

Re: Block caller on Wireless Home Phone?

Solved by Moderator

Hey @Carrie1956

You can register your number to the National Do Not Call List to avoid these kinds of marketing calls. It can take up to 14 days to update your number to this list. 

Registering your number is free of charge and valid for up to 5 years, but you can renew at any time! 

You can check out more details on how to do this right from here

However if you receive a call from a suspicious source that appears to be fraudulent in their intentions, you can also report it to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre right here.

I hope this helps! Smiley 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoPierre

Hey @Carrie1956

You can register your number to the National Do Not Call List to avoid these kinds of marketing calls. It can take up to 14 days to update your number to this list. 

Registering your number is free of charge and valid for up to 5 years, but you can renew at any time! 

You can check out more details on how to do this right from here

However if you receive a call from a suspicious source that appears to be fraudulent in their intentions, you can also report it to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre right here.

I hope this helps! Smiley 

Carrie1956
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have been registered with the DO NOT CALL list since it's inception which must be about 7 years ago now.  It clearly does NOT work.  I was hoping there would be some way to block these callers such as is possible on cell phones (and as Primus does for landlines).  Does Fido not have a solution for this?

Hey Carrie1956!

As much as we would like to block these calls for you, sadly, we don't have a way to block incoming calls from specific callers. 

If you're registered to the National Do Not Call List and are still receiving calls from telemarketers, we suggest that you contact them to make a complaint. You can reach out to them within 14 days of the call either through their website here or by calling 1-866-580-3625.

You will need the name or phone number of the company that called, the date and the telephone number you were contacted on. An investigator will then follow up with the telemarketer.

Hope this helps!