Block Specific Numbers from calling or texting Blackberry Curve

SOLVED
taylorcyn
I'm a Participant Level 1

I would like to stop a specific number from calling or texting my Blackberry.  Can this be done with Fido?

Accepted Solution

Re: Block Specific Numbers from calling or texting Blackberry Curve

Solved by Former Moderator FidoJudhy

Hello taylorcyn,

I am sorry if no one answered your post until now.

It is not possible to block a specific number from calling you via the Fido network directly. However, some phones do offer the possibility to block the calls or to send them directly to voicemail. To have more information about that, I would invite you to take a look at your user guide or contact your manufacturer.

If you let us know of your phone's model, maybe someone from the community could assist as well.

As for blocking text messages, this can be done via Extreme Text Messaging. To have more information about that, you may click here.

I hope this helps! Very_Happy

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoJonathan
Former Moderator

Hi taylorcyn,

Welcome to the Fido technical community,

Just to add from what FidoJudhy said.

Here is the information : 

Block text messages from an unwanted source. Owners of the mobile numbers that you block will not be notified that you blocked their number.

Set Up:
To block a number from being able to text message your phone:

1. Using your iPhone/Android or blackberry devices –
Go to www.fido.ca/m/etm to access the set up page.

Other smartphones and mobile phones - text XTREME to 4716 to be sent a link to the set up page or open your mobile browser to access the Fido Mobile Internet Portal. Select My Account, then Extreme Text Messaging.

2. Select Blocker.
3. Enter the 10 digit wireless number you would like to have blocked

To remove a number from your block list, or to view the full list of numbers blocked:
- Select Text Blocker.
- Click the box to the left of the number, removing it from your list.
- Then hit Delete Selected Numbers.

Cost: No charge.

I hope this helps,

Hamburgler
I'm a Participant Level 1

In the case of blocking text messages, does the owner of the blocked number receive an error/"failed to send" message when trying to send text messages to my number?

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator

Hello taylorcyn,

I am sorry if no one answered your post until now.

It is not possible to block a specific number from calling you via the Fido network directly. However, some phones do offer the possibility to block the calls or to send them directly to voicemail. To have more information about that, I would invite you to take a look at your user guide or contact your manufacturer.

If you let us know of your phone's model, maybe someone from the community could assist as well.

As for blocking text messages, this can be done via Extreme Text Messaging. To have more information about that, you may click here.

I hope this helps! Very_Happy

WickyLeBlond
I'm Qualified Level 1

There are application to block specific callers for your blackberry. Just check the App World for a call blocker. As for the tect messages, you'll need to use the extreme text messaging option as there are no apps on Blackberry that can block just a single person's number from texting you. Lucky Fido has extreme text messaging though =P Would've been useful if Bell had that when I was being harrased by my ex xD