Blackberry Z30 mms problem

Shiro
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hello,

Ive never had an issue with my Blackberry Z30 mms sending/receiving up until the last 3 weeks, i contacted fido help on FB and they helped me locate my APN mms tab.

Ive entered on the MMSC URL: https://mms.fido.ca

Proxy URL: 205.151.11.13:80

I added the Port :80 on the end of the Proxy URL and that allowed me to receive mms pics, but it wont allow me to send mms pics. All it does it show the hour glass and nothing sends.

Am I missing something else or am I entering the details wrong in the fields?

I have Two Blackberrys and my other Q10 has no problem with mms.

Thank you for any help.

10 REPLIES 10
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hi @Shiro!

Welcome to the Community!

Those settings are good! We'll need a few details to better understand your situation.

Can you confirm the following information: 

- are you sending your MMS from the Hub/message or a different messaging app? 

- is Wi-Fi disabled when you try to send your text message?

- are you able to browse online using mobile data?

I'll also ask you to send an MMS to your own number. Let me know if that works for you.

Shiro

Thank you for your reply, i've turned off my wifi which in the past have always had it on and was never a problem. I mms txt through the phone txt message, nothing through message app of any kind.

I just did a self test of sending a mms to my own cell, nothing just thinking hour glass. I sent a mms from my other cell to this number and it received no problem.

Also, browsing online is no issue on data.

Hello Shiro,

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried a full reboot of your phone? That is, turning off the device, removing the battery and waiting 30 sec to 1 min, reinserting battery, restart.

Are you able to send/receive SMS? Have you verified the message centre number is correct? It should be +1-514-993-1123

You can verify your settings: SMS --> Advanced --> Service centre address

Do you know the file type of the images you're trying to send? There have been instances where people were able to send PNG files, but not JPG.

What OS version is your device using? Is it the most up-to-date version? Had it been updated recently?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Shiro

Hello,

This model Z30 you cant take the battery out for a full reboot, im able to send/receive sms txt no problem.

i verified the message center number is correct 1-514-993-1123.

The images I send were either png or jpg with no issues in the past, I did a test and can receive png/jpg no problem. Sending out is the issue still.

My OS version is BB10 10.3.3.1463 updated recently yes.

Thanks

Hello again,

Since you have two Blackberry devices, have you considered trying to swap SIMs to see if the issue is with the device or possibly a damaged SIM?

Cheers

Shiro

i'll try that, I didnt think that a damaged sim card would create this issue.

Great suggestion @Cawtau Let us know how that goes @Shiro Smiley 

To be honest, a damaged SIM card can cause a number of issues.

It's always best to make sure the SIM card and device being used are in good shape!

Shiro

I swapped my sim cards between both my blackberrys, tried mms and from my Z30 i couldnt send/receive mms. Txt was no problem, so i swapped the sim cards back and tried it again. The message showed "General Problems" when i send, Que for download when i receive and nothing downloads.

Rechecked my APN settings and it was blank, must have wiped out when I swapped my sims. So I re input the mms details and now the Z30 doesnt receive mms like i did before I swapped the sims.

Now im totall frusterated...arrrrrgh

Hello again,

I understand the frustrations!

Did you try that SIM in your Q10 just to make sure the SIM works properly?

When you swapped the SIMs back, did you verify that your data was enabled on your Z30?

What APN is the device using? Since the device is LTE capable, it should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify the correct settings here. One setting option not noted on that page is the APN type. You should verify it is set as default,mms.

Do you recollect if your issues came after your phone updated the OS? You might consider reloading the OS. You can do so using Blackberry Link.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Shiro

Hello,

Yes I did try the sim in my Q10 and it worked fine, so i'm thinking it is the Z30 being in the issue. You brought up a good point about the latest software update recently and it did seem it started right after that update I have the mms problem on my Z30.

Yet the update on my Q10 had no issues with mms...that just irritating....

I might have to reload the Z30 and see what happens.