Blackberry Priv???

I'm a Contributor Level 1 mkip
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Blackberry Priv???

Fido - it's been a while since you carried Blackberry phones. Any chance this will change with the Blackberry Priv??

If you're choosing phones to carry based on platform popularity (iOS/Android vs BB10/WP) then we can finally expect you to start supporting the Canadian phone maker again, right?

Blackberry Priv runs Android. Doesn't make sense to not sell this Blackberry model. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Blackberry Priv???

Hey mkip and JohnRambo604! 

We can't comment on upcoming devices. Keep a close eye on Fido.ca to make sure you don't miss out Smiley 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 1 aarancel
I'm a Participant Level 1

Any news on this? It would be great to have Blackberry phones again for Fido customers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 21
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @aarancel

Welcome to the Community!

Any update on this would show up on our Phones & Devices page.

Keep an eye on it Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 1 127rdiuso
I'm a Participant Level 1

blackberry priv

is Fido getting the new blackberry priv

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 21
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Re: blackberry priv

Hi, as a huge BlackBerry fan, I will go out on a limb and say that I doubt very much that Fido will be carrying the Priv. It is a flagship device and has a hefty price tag, so only main carriers seem to be carrying it. Fido hasn't carried a BlackBerry since the Q5 and that is over a year ago, maybe 2 since they stopped. Having said that, I usually buy my device outright, I have a Passport SE (I was gifted). I know that isn't in the cards for everyone to be able to buy a phone outright, but, there are less expensive avenues to source gently used or refurbished devices. If you have a great plan with Fido that you don't want to change, you may want to investigate purchases of your device of choice and stay with Fido. Just my 4 cents worth.

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 2 blackrabbit
I'm a Participant Level 2

If you're a HUGE BLACKBERRY fan like myself, call Fido customer service. I was told they have Blackberry Classics available. I would be soooooo happy if they carried the Priv. If not the Priv, even the Leap would be awesome!! Please bring back more Blackberrys!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 21
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoTerryB
Former Moderator

As @blackrabbit mentioned, we do have the Blackberry Classic available via customer service. You won't be able to get the phone in store however, so be careful on that. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 21