Blackberry Passport coming to Fido?

SOLVED
EBM-Group
I'm a Participant Level 3

So When are you going to introduce the Blackberry Passport? Been waiting for about 2 years for you to bring back the Blackberry devices. I now see you offer the Blackberry as a Hardware upgrade only. Purchaps if you offer the phones to everyone you might get more sales, seems logical from my point of view. If you are just gauging it from existing clients remember most of the blackberry custmers moved somewhere else to get the phone they wanted.

I would like to upgrade to the Passport from my Bold, so please make this happen soon!

Accepted Solution

Re: Blackberry Passport

Solved by Former Moderator FidoManuel

Hey EBM-Group!

Thanks for the interest! No news yet for the Passport.

Stay tuned on our website, if it comes to Fido, it'll be announced there first!

View solution in context
11 REPLIES 11
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey EBM-Group!

Thanks for the interest! No news yet for the Passport.

Stay tuned on our website, if it comes to Fido, it'll be announced there first!

EBM-Group

Not necessarily as the Classic is not on your website as it is only offer to clients as a hardware upgrade and you have to call into your customer service. I only found out about it when I was talking to them about blackberry. I received no communication when given hardware upgrade texts. So perhaps its time the mucky mucks at the top to start reading and listening. I am not going to wait forever for them to move on this. Want to keep my business of 3 phones MOVE NOW !  end of discussion as far as I am concerned.

Original_Lucy
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi, I doubt that the PassPort is coming to Fido. If you have a great plan, and really want the PassPort, there are deals to be had on Craigslist and ebay. I have the SE and also a black PassPort, they are awesome devices. My advice would be to hang on to your plan if it's a really good one, and buy one outright either new or used. I wouldn't give up my existing plan, so I bought mine. Ask me about my black one. Wink

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.
EBM-Group

Thanks, I have already looked into buying one out right just didn't want the large price tag, since I had fido dollars to use which will be lost in April when the spot that program. My last conversation with them last week I found out the the plan they switched me to was a bring your own phone and can't use upgrade feature which ticked me off and I would have to change my plan costing me more money. The retention department didn't seemed to appoligatic and hung up on me. Thuus I am looking at moving to Bell or Rogers. Four years of loyalty just doesn't seem to count I guess.

Hey @EBM-Group

That's really not how we want our customers to be treated.

And we really don't want to see  you leave. Maybe we can take a look at your options together.

I simply want to make sure that everything was offered on our end to keep you with us.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into Smiley

Talk to you soon !!

EBM-Group

I appreciate this. I have been investigating Bell's business plan offers as I have my business landline & internet with them. Giving me a $300 credit plus Passport is now $149.95 down from $249.95. will cost me more on a plan but i can share the data between my 3 phones.

Be advised this will be 2 phones lost right away and the third once the 2 year term is up in January 2017. I have had 3 phones with Fido for 4 years now.

The only thing which will keep me is a Passport, which you will have to find away in getting. Done talking and posting on this issue time for upper management to move and move quickly, Focus group time is over.

@EBM-Group

I did just send you  a PM to verify your options Smiley

Also have to inform you that we don't have business plans or offer shared data plans.

The passport is not a phone that we have. I still invite to keep an eye on Fido.ca for upcoming phones and devices

Don't hesitate to reply to my PM so we can discuss this Smiley

EBM-Group

I did respond to your PM.

@EBM-Group

Still didn't get it.

I did get your reply in public.

To go in PM, you can simply reply to the PM I sent you.

Talk to you soon Smiley

blackrabbit
I'm a Participant Level 2

I was disappointed too about not being aware of Fido offering Blackberrys to current Blackberry user only. I only found out because I went to a Fido store and asked if they had any leftover BBs. And it's also diappointing that it's a Classic that Fido offers Sad I have a Z10 and I'm even willing to get another Z10 but no luck. I'm happy with my Fido plan too but can't really afford to buy a phone straight out at the moment. Please bring back BBs.....

Hey blackrabbit!

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes!