Blackberry Classic MUST BE IN FIDO !!

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Blackberry Classic MUST BE IN FIDO !!

is blackberry classic coming?

my curve is going to die soon....i am still using my city fido plan, don't mind to pay more for canada wide + unlimited minutes...Android and Iphone does not work for me, I need the KEYBOARD!!

Fido lie about stocking blackberry is an issue and claiming "slow moving" item is also another issue, so they drop blackberry....

if FIDO learn "order on demand" "online exclusive" "direct order from blackberry on demand", hope it should be easy for them

**my contract already expired, I had $280 fido dollars but I will leave FIDO when my curve die and go to Bell, please reconsider "blackberry classic"

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Re: Blackberry Classic MUST BE IN FIDO !!

Hi clio_pasta,

We cannot comment on devices we haven't officially launched but I will be sure to pass your sentiments along. 

Keep in mind you can always bring an unlocked device and use it on our network. 

Thank you!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I feel the same way Clio! Every other carrier in Ontario offers the Blackberry Classic. Fido is making us choose between the carrier we like and the phone we need. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have the same problem too - my BB Curve will die soon and I would like to upgrade to a BB Classic. I have been with Fido since 1999 (my first and only cell phone provider) and I do not want to go to Telus or Bell etc I definitely think Blackberry phones should be an option. If it won't be offered then unfortunately I will have to go to another carrier. Fido, please reconsider.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

You might want to do a bit of math before rushing to an expensive carrier.

Prices for Bell and Fido change depending on the province you're in, but consider that Bell / Rogers / Telus require a high monthly price to get a BB at $0.

Meanwhile, you can purchase an unlocked BB Classic at $499 (according to BB's web site), and get one of Fido's standard plan -10% to bring your own device. That's not even considering that you can keep your current plan at your current price if it fits your need.

So do the math:

Bell: $0 (phone) + $??/month × 24 months = $????

Fido: $499 (phone) + $??/month × 24 months = $????

Maybe Bell / Rogers / Telus turns out cheaper after 2 years. It probably won't. And if you keep your phone more than 2 years, it's also worth considering.

Classic counterpoint is "but I can't afford $499 right now!", to which I wonder if you can't afford $500 right now, how do you justify paying more over 2 years?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5