Blackberry Classic Availablity

I'm a Contributor Level 1 mkip
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Blackberry Classic Availablity

Beyond a canned response along the lines of "we are constantly evaluating our phone selection and your feedback is certainly appreciated", are there any updates on availability of the Blackberry Classic on Fido? 

The lack of Blackberry options on Fido is disappointing. It's a viable platform for your customers (like me) to be using. Most of your competitors (Bell, Virgin, Wind, Telus) are offering it, and I have to admit that as my contract is due to expire, I'm seriously considering leaving (and not to your parent company, Rogers). 

I'm not looking for a specific availability date, but just some sign one way or the other that Blackberry is going to be coming to Fido. Any concrete information would be helpful.  

Accepted Solution

Re: Blackberry Classic Availablity

Hi all, as much as I'd love to provide you with more details we can't comment on upcoming devices. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
I'm a Contributor Level 2 sal_67
I'm a Contributor Level 2

have no idea why fido continues to ignore blackberry phones. i started a thread about blackberry about a month ago. i got the canned responses that you just wrote. i'm truly puzzled. like you said, all of the other competitors have blackberry phones.

i got the Q5 from fido for free and it rocks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8

Typo in the title: "Availability"

Apologies. This wouldn't have happened if I was typing on a Blackberry Classic!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8
Moderator (inactive) FidoRachel
Moderator (inactive)
Solution

Hi all, as much as I'd love to provide you with more details we can't comment on upcoming devices. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the support Sal. Anyone else, if you'd like to see Fido step up its mobile platform options... reply to this thread or like this post! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8
I'm a Participant Level 1 Arjun_Sahota
I'm a Participant Level 1

On a Q10 from when it released on Fido, have family on the Q5 & 9790.  We want BlackBerry Fido!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8

Arjun that's great. I'm hoping Fido surprises us with an announcement that they're stocking Blackberry soon.

Fido is a great carrier and Blackberry makes a great phone. It makes sense they'd go together!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted

Now even Verizon and AT&T are carrying the Blackberry Classic! Come on Fido, join the party!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8