Bills monthly charges / details replaced with useles info

SOLVED
MBE
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Like many others, even though I have downloaded the app on my iPhone, I cannot access details of what calls I have made, to what numbers, and the length of each call. As a result I am unable to determine whether the billing is accurate (an overage of $206). When I called "Josh" he advised me that his sytem was down and he didn't have a solution. He agreed to send me a hard copy of the biill in question and there would be no $15 charge - thanks for nothing Josh! I really feel that I have been given the run-around by Fido and right now my feeling is that as soon as my current contract is over it will be bye bye Fido. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Bills monthly charges / details replaced with useles info

Solved by Former Moderator FidoManuel

Hey @MBE!

That information is not available through the app, did you try accessing your account on our website?

You'll be able to download a PDF version of you bill that will include details about your outgoing calls. 

Click on that link for more details Online bill – how to see the detailed version you can print.

Hope it helps Smiley Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

View solution in context
11 REPLIES 11
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey @MBE!

That information is not available through the app, did you try accessing your account on our website?

You'll be able to download a PDF version of you bill that will include details about your outgoing calls. 

Click on that link for more details Online bill – how to see the detailed version you can print.

Hope it helps Smiley Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

mbjegan
I'm a Participant Level 3

Yes - that worked.

Thanks

Hey @mbjegan Smiley

Thanks for keeping us updated, happy to see it all worked out !!

mbjegan

I finally managed to track down the details of my bill on my PC. 

I understand the long distance charges and unfortunately I was not aware that I would be charged for supposedly "call collect" numbers to my health insurance provider regarding a medical emergency while I was in Mexico.

However, what I don't understand are calls made on my mobile from Mexico to my mobile number - how and why would I call my own number? What does that mean?

MBE 

@mbjegan wrote:

I understand the long distance charges and unfortunately I was not aware that I would be charged for supposedly "call collect" numbers to my health insurance provider regarding a medical emergency while I was in Mexico.

Hello Mbjegan,

I responded to your other post here. Did you direct dial the call collect number? It sounds like you did. That would explain why you were charged for those calls.

Cheers

mbjegan

Re - "call collect" on mobile when out of country

For future reference - how am I supposed to call "call collect" numbers on my iPhone when out of Canada? I wasn't given any options when I made the call and I can't find any instructions as to what I was supposed to have done.

@mbjegan wrote:

Re - "call collect" on mobile when out of country

For future reference - how am I supposed to call "call collect" numbers on my iPhone when out of Canada? I wasn't given any options when I made the call and I can't find any instructions as to what I was supposed to have done.

Hello,

As noted here, outside of the country, you would have to dial the international operator of the service provider in that country and have them (possibly automated) dial the collect number. The party you're trying to connect to would then have to accept the charges before you would get connected. It is possible that the service provider does not have an (international) operator. The only way to make a collect call would then be through a landline. Again, you would have to have the operator connect the call collect.

**edit** The same would apply in Canada since Fido does not have an operator for post-paid customers. Unless you're pre-paid, you would have to call from a landline as well.**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

mbjegan

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers

Did you try to reach your voicemail while in Mexico?

mbjegan

Yes I did. The problem was that I couldn't get through and by pressing and holding "1" as I normally do so I got into a lot of messaging and texting trying to resolve this. I had no idea that this was all costing me money!

Any usage done outside our network is billed. That information is provided as soon as you land in another country, we offer travel packs that will considerably lower the cost of your calls/messages/browsing sessions. 

Did you buy any of these?