Bill too much!!

I'm a Participant Level 2 andrews167
I'm a Participant Level 2

Bill too much!!

I thought you dont pay the system access fee when you activate your phone but they added an additional 30 bucks. My parents are angry with me because i begged them for this phone and tried to get the cheapest plan for me to use. Also can I take the $15 plan and add unlimited mobile browsing?  O i have a bb pearl 8120

Accepted Solution

Re: Bill too much!!

If you recently activated a new account, then you are not paying the $6.95 System Access Fee per month that older packages from before 2008 do. The $30 (most likely $35) is an activation fee if you did not select a contract when the account was opened. You should only pay this once on your first invoice.

If you are using a Blackberry phone then you can't add the $10 unlimited mobile browsing. You need to select the $15 Personal e-mail, $15 Social Networking option or if you want to surf on other websites, then you can grab a $25 / 500 mb option and higher.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Rune
I'm a Contributor Level 1
Solution

If you recently activated a new account, then you are not paying the $6.95 System Access Fee per month that older packages from before 2008 do. The $30 (most likely $35) is an activation fee if you did not select a contract when the account was opened. You should only pay this once on your first invoice.

If you are using a Blackberry phone then you can't add the $10 unlimited mobile browsing. You need to select the $15 Personal e-mail, $15 Social Networking option or if you want to surf on other websites, then you can grab a $25 / 500 mb option and higher.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Why are they angry with you? its your phone bill, isn't it?
Did they explain to you what the charges to expect on your bill? How did you get a blackberry and no data plan?

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
I'm a Participant Level 2 andrews167
I'm a Participant Level 2

i got the bb seperatley. the lady who did my activation failed to mention there would be this charge and we were mislead by their big ads

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Fido Employee Spy2300
Fido Employee

Sorry to hear about this Anrews167. On the brighter side of things like Rune said this is only a one time charge for the activation of your phone then you will be receiving your bills at the regular rate as you were quoted. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Community Manager (Retired) FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the info Spy2300.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6