Bill being charged before end of billing cycle?..

SOLVED
mhanrahan
I'm a Participant Level 1

So, my billing cycle goes until the 4th of each month but when I got my email with my first bill (I just recently changed to Fido) it said my credit card would be charged on or before the 19th of November..

What happens to my data usage etc. from then until december 4th?

Thanks Smiley

Accepted Solution

Re: Bill being charged before end of billing cycle?..

Solved by Fido Employee AdamBeast

HI mhanrahan, 

If you billing cycle ends one the 4th of each month, then  the 5th of each month is the first day of a new billing cycle. 

When the new billing cycle begins ( the 5th), our system will begin to generate a new bill, there would be the charge of your new cycle monthly fee, in addition, if any overusage charge from your last cycle which is just ended. (so you data overusage charge for current cycle nov-05 to dec-04 will be charged on dec-18 which is the next month bill.) 

The generation process would normally take abour 4 to 7 days, which means you should be able to see the newest invoice around the 11th of each month.  

Then since you are registered with pre-authorized payment from your credit card ( or cheque account), the debits from your credit card usually happen 14 days after close date, that is why it comes to the 18th or 19th. 

This gives you about one week to review the newest invoice before the charge, and in case or failure payment, you still have at least 10 days to pay this bill by other methods before the due day. 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
AdamBeast
Fido Employee

HI mhanrahan, 

If you billing cycle ends one the 4th of each month, then  the 5th of each month is the first day of a new billing cycle. 

When the new billing cycle begins ( the 5th), our system will begin to generate a new bill, there would be the charge of your new cycle monthly fee, in addition, if any overusage charge from your last cycle which is just ended. (so you data overusage charge for current cycle nov-05 to dec-04 will be charged on dec-18 which is the next month bill.) 

The generation process would normally take abour 4 to 7 days, which means you should be able to see the newest invoice around the 11th of each month.  

Then since you are registered with pre-authorized payment from your credit card ( or cheque account), the debits from your credit card usually happen 14 days after close date, that is why it comes to the 18th or 19th. 

This gives you about one week to review the newest invoice before the charge, and in case or failure payment, you still have at least 10 days to pay this bill by other methods before the due day.