Beware - FAKE Fido Support Text & Website

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Beware - FAKE Fido Support Text & Website

Received a text earlier from +1-587-333-6488 with my name on it, saying 'Dear XXXXXX (my name), we have detected a unusual activity on your account, please verify it as soon as possible in the link below:

fidosupport.com'

I immediately called Fido's customer service to verify whether there was an issue with my account. The customer service rep, Oscar, said my account was fine. There was no issue with it. I then realised that this must be one of those fraudulent texts. I went to the fidosupport.com website & discovered that it was forwarded to another website url which uses the real Fido website graphics.  For those who don't pay attention, they may think they are on the real Fido website. As immediately, the site asks for your phone no., password, date of birth & pin.  Which who knows what this information will be used for.

The Fido customer service rep. was not able to get onto to the site to see for himself. And he wasn't able to get his manager to talk to me. I truly feel that a lot of people will get scammed by this. I'm hoping that the Fido team can raise send an alert/raise awareness to their customers so that they won't fall into these type of traps.

*** Edited for tags and labels ***

Accepted Solution

Re: Beware - FAKE Fido Support Text & Website

Hey @Aquarice,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for your feedback. We're aware of those types of activities and while we do take many steps to help fight against them, the truth is we can't stop them all from attempting to go after our customers or anyone else online.

Always be wary of any altered web address and more importantly, never give out your personal info, i.e. as account number, date of birth, in an email or pop-up. 

I'll definitely flag this to the right team and I recommend that you also report the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre here:

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 14
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for the warning.  Someone tried thin on me on jan 26.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 14
Highlighted

Got one that looks the same.

From +1-807-770-0288

My name is not in the text

However they have the right language I use for my account (French). (I like to keep French settings for my accounts because I can sort automatically English communications as fraudulent.)

It's about disactivating my account.

The message directs me to http://customers-feeds.com/Fido/desactivated-account.php

I will also report it at antifraud website  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Nathan_Lapierre,

Thanks for the information! You can also report messages by copying and fowarding them to 7726 (SPAM) for evaluation (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 14