Best battery life on Fido - Which Android phone?

I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi, I've had my Galaxy S6 for less than 6bmobths and the battery life is terrible, before that I had the nexus 5 which also had terrible battery life.

Which Android phone currently availablenon Fido has the best battery life?

Anyone getting really good battery life from their phone?

5½ hours into the day and I have 20% left on my GS6 battery, is anybody able to make it through a full day with any of the Android phones on Fido?

4 REPLIES 4

But post a pic of your battery consumption at end of day so we can see what's eating it. Also press the Screen tile and tell us the number of hours your display was on.

While it's true they put a smallish battery into the S6, you should be getting more than that. Have you got GPS on all day on High Accuracy setting? Google Now cards enabled? That combo will hit your battery. At least post a pic of your battery consumption after a whole day (Settings General Battery).

My Galaxy Note 3 is all day with a 3200 mah battery cause my display is only 1080p. Your phone has a lot more pixels. I regularly have 40% left at end of night.

My getting is Samsung expects that you'll charge your phone at some point during the day since it's got that fast technology.

As others mentioned, my phone also has a removable battery and can be replaced with 4800, 6400 or even a crazy 10,000 mah 3rd party battery.

Consider perhaps a phone like this. I am SUPER happy with my Note 3. Just remember the Note 4 has the same upgraded screen as yours and faster processor so...It's gonna suck more battery than move. Galaxy 5 is non removable battery
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

While I can't give you specific models to look for, here are some general things about battery:

Obviously, larger batteries are better, but larger screens and higher pixel density requires more power, as does faster processors.

High end devices pretty much always have bigger screens, higher pixel density, and faster processors, so either you look for the biggest battery you can find, or you settle for a lower end device - with as large a battery as you can find.

Another possibility would be to look at phones with a removable battery, and search the net for a compatible, larger battery. Those usually come with a back cover as well because of the increased thickness. Obviously, it will make your phone heavier as well. For example, the LG G3 has a removable 3000mAh battery, but you can get a 6000mAh battery for it.

Former Moderator

Hi yolo22!

I personally use the LG G4 and it will last me a good 12-14 hours (depending on what I'm doing on it throughout the day). I've also heard that the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua lasts for quite a long time. Smiley

Hope that helps!