Being denied Black Friday Promotion

I'm a Participant Level 3 JohnMark
I'm a Participant Level 3

Being denied Black Friday Promotion

Hello,

I came back to Fido since looking at their Black Friday promotion. I signed up but realized there's a better promotion if you choose your province. Who knew I thought it's a nationwide special.

But after calling Fido to change it, I was denied the Quebec province promotion because my number is not a Quebec number. I have always lived in the Quebec side in the National Capital Region(Gatineau/Ottawa). I'm not about to give up a phone number I've had for many years.

So as a Quebec resident, I am being denied the Quebec Black Friday special? Area code alone does not constitute my residency, it should be my billing/mailing address or where I actually live.

So what gives?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Fido Employee afterthefact
Fido Employee

Re: Being denied Black Friday Promotion

Hello @JohnMark, unfortunately the eligibility criteria for the Black Friday Quebec plans clearly state that a Quebec phone number is required (in addition to a QC billing address). 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Thanks @afterthefact Can you please point me to the text that states such claim?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6

Based on the the "Full details" of the Black Friday promotion found on http://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile-plans

No where it says about "Quebec phone number is required (in addition to a QC billing address). "

Still having a hard time finding where this "clearly" stated claim is located.

Offers subject to change without notice.

1. Smart plans available monthly or with a 2-year Tab24 agreement; Max plans available only with a 2-year Tab24 agreement. If, for any reason, you downgrade to a lower tier plan category during your term, then you will be charged a one-time price plan downgrade fee as set out in your service agreement. Standard plans available monthly or with a 2-year Tab24 agreement. Bring Your Own Phone offer available to customers who bring in an unlocked phone with new activation of Fido service on any in-market Standard or Smart Fido Pulse plans.
  2. Visit fido.ca/roaming to learn more about data roaming pay-per-use rates.
  3. Airtime includes calls from Canada to Canadian numbers only, billed by the minute. Each additional minute costs 50¢ (20¢ for Call Forwarding).
  4. Includes messages sent from Canada on the Fido network to email addresses or Canadian, U.S. and international wireless numbers. Sent/received premium messages (alerts, messages related to content and promotions) and messages sent while roaming not included and charged at applicable rates.
  5. Additional data in $5 or $10 increments (as indicated). Data overage protection feature will prevent overage fees over $50, unless you choose to continue incurring charges.
  6. Third-party services are not provided by Fido and are subject to third-party terms and conditions provided at time of registration. These services are available with Fido Pulse plans only and are free of monthly subscription fees for a 2-year period starting on the day your plan is first activated. Access to third-party services will end at such time, unless you elect to purchase a paid subscription to such service (where applicable). Changing to an ineligible plan or cancellation of your plan or account will end your access to these services. Spotify Premium: Limit one Spotify Premium subscription per subscriber across all Rogers brands; you will not be eligible for a similar offer under another Rogers brand after having activated your subscription under this offer. Data consumption: approx. 1 MB/min. for use of audio streaming and approx. 6 MB/min. for use of video streaming (varies based on length of audio/video, stream quality, device and other factors). Data usage exceeding your plan allotment (overage) is charged in increments rounded up to the next MB or GB (as applicable based on your plan). Standard roaming charges apply when not on the Fido network or an Extended Coverage area within Canada.
  7. Weeknights from 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. and weekends from Friday 5 p.m. to Monday 7 a.m.
  8. Service includes up to 3 messages, each 3 minutes in length that can be saved up to 3 days.

Applies to all plans: Additional airtime, long distance, roaming, data, add-ons, provincial 9-1-1 fees (if applicable) and taxes are extra and billed monthly. Local airtime excludes calls made through Call Forwarding, Video Calling or similar services. Value Packs and Long Distance Add-ons require a subscription and must be added to a monthly plan. Information on provincial 9-1-1 fees; fido.ca/911.

Subject to the Fido Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy; fido.ca/terms.

A device savings recovery fee applies according to the terms of your agreement if, for any reason, your service is terminated prior to the end of the Fido Agreement. Device Savings Recovery Fee (applicable to Term Services only): A Device Savings Recovery Fee (DSRF) applies if you were given an economic inducement when you agreed to your new term, and if, for any reason, your service or your new term is terminated prior to the end of the term of your Agreement (Fido Agreement Term). The DSRF is equal to the economic inducement multiplied by the number of months remaining in your Fido Agreement Term divided by the total number of months of your Fido Agreement Term (plus applicable taxes). In other words, DSRF = Economic Inducement x # months left in your Fido Agreement Term ÷ Total # months in your Fido Agreement Term + applicable taxes.

upload_2158062123979613406.png

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Fido Employee afterthefact
Fido Employee

Hi @JohnMark  - I was referring to internal documentation. I am not aware of where this is specified on Fido.ca other than it appearing only when province = QC.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6

@afterthefact So this "clearly" states is meant for you and not for me. How am I supposed to know all of these as a consumer who doesn't have access to your internal documentation???

So how did I get the Ontario Black Friday promotion if my address is in Quebec but my number is Ontario?

This is obviously a misleading promotion. I am a Quebec resident ever since I was a Fido customer since 2009, why would I be denied of a promotion specifically for Quebec residents?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6