Been on hold for 3h + 2h at this point. No facebook message seen or returned. Support?

Been on hold for 3h + 2h at this point. No facebook message seen or returned. Support?

SOLVED
fergy
I'm a Participant Level 2

Called in to Fido support.  My call got dropped some point after 3 hours on hold without anyone saying as much as hello.  Sent a facebook message 2 hours ago and am yet to get a reply. Called every fido store in the city and none picked up.  I broke my phone and the new phone works but does not connect to mobile internet.  This process would be a lot easier for me if it didn't force me to travel to a secure internet connection in order for Fido to troubleshoot connecting my mobile internet.  I don't see why I should wait for hours for a simple activation request to reconnect mobile internet to an existing customer who has switched phones.  For the money I pay and for the length of time I have paid it (on time as well), I should be allowed the ability to activate mobile data to a new phone myself

Accepted Solution

Re: Been on hold for 3h + 2h at this point. No facebook message seen or returned. Support?

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 2 fergy

Believe it or not,  I am thrilled the company is presumably taking a holiday.  Just wish they could have saved me the frustration of wasting a day of my time and embarassment of posting online, with a notification mentioning they have specific holiday hours of operation. Didn't notice this posted anywhere on their website or facebook.  fido.jpg

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Fergy,

Happy New Year and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with your new phone and that had to wait on hold for so long. However, it is New Years day. I'm not sure if customer service are even available today. I'm thinking the same would be true for the people who monitor social media (Facebook or Twitter) and this community. New Years is a statuatory holiday. 

That said, are you using the same SIM as you did in your old phone? What model is your new phone and where was it purchased -- in Canada or from abroad? Have you verified that your new phone has the correct APN settings? You can verify the correct settings here

If you're using the same SIM on the same account, there should be no need to request reactivation of mobile internet (unless your old phone was reported as stolen).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

fergy

wow i seem like a jerk.  Thank you so much for fixing my problem. Followed the instructions; I have 4g now!  Still wish Fido mentioned they would be closed, or had a message when you phoned in that disconnected you and informed you of their closing. 

Hello again,

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to get your phone working Very_Happy

No, you seem perfectly normal. I was surprised they didn't post holiday hours as well...

Cheers

fergy

Believe it or not,  I am thrilled the company is presumably taking a holiday.  Just wish they could have saved me the frustration of wasting a day of my time and embarassment of posting online, with a notification mentioning they have specific holiday hours of operation. Didn't notice this posted anywhere on their website or facebook.  fido.jpg