cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Reception

metallica68
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I was in Cape Breton Nova Scotia this summer,and was very frustrated with the cell reception down there especially in the Sydney/Albert Bridge area. I was with people who were with Telus and Bell who had no problems at all???

Rogers/Fido boasts of having the largest network around,I was very disappointed.

7 REPLIES 7

johnnythefox
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1
I am a Fido user in Wolfville, NS. The recption here is very bad. I have to stand near a window or go outside to certain spots to be able to have a decent reception. At work, it does not fuction at all, while other carriers work perfectly. I complained to customer service, but they did not believe me because I had used 600 minutes in a month. This area is supposed to be covered according to the maps, but it barely is. What am I supposed to do?

Hey johnnythefox!

Have you already tried with another device or SIM card? It is possible that you are experiencing this issue because one of them is defective.

I would suggest that you try your SIM in a different phone. If the issue persists, it would mean that we would have to investigate either your SIM or the network. If it does not persist, your phone would be defective.

Should the issue persist and changing the SIM doesn't help, I would invite you to call in and ask to have the matter flagged to our network support team so that a team is sent out to investigate.

Let us know how it goes!

TechAgent611
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Hello  

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2
There is only one tower in Albert Bridge, while in Sidney, there is at least 4 towers. Also, there is no coverage in between these towns, your service will be very spotty at best.

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2
Oh ya, also should mention, there is no 3G in that area, or at least not when I went.

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the tips on coverage maps TechAgent611!

Helpful comments from all, appreciate it.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Hi metallica68,

Make sure you check the Fido coverage maps of the area you are traveling to.  Even though you heard an advertizement that stated having the largest network, they do NOT state that they cover every nook and cranny of the country unfortunately.