BY THE MINUTE plan

BY THE MINUTE plan

BY THE MINUTE plan

SOLVED
stephenso
I'm a Contributor Level 2

BY THE MINUTE plan

To whom it may concern,

We noticed the BY THE MINUTE plan has increased from 30¢ to 40¢ per minute anytime for calls.  Under the plan info, it says "BY THE MINUTE - 40¢ ANYTIME PLAN, features "Unlimited Outgoing texts (From Canada to Canadian mobile number)".  However, we are seeing we still got charged for outgoing texts for $0.30 each from yesterday Feb 8?

Please kindly advise.  Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: BY THE MINUTE plan

Solved by Moderator

Hey stephenso, 

This $0.40 per minute - Anytime Plan actually bills $0.30 per outgoing text message to Canadian and US wireless numbers. It seems that the information on your screen capture may be a bit of a display issue. 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your billed messages. 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@stephenso wrote:

We noticed the BY THE MINUTE plan has increased from 30¢ to 40¢ per minute anytime for calls.  Under the plan info, it says "BY THE MINUTE - 40¢ ANYTIME PLAN, features "Unlimited Outgoing texts (From Canada to Canadian mobile number)".  However, we are seeing we still got charged for outgoing texts for $0.30 each from yesterday Feb 8?

Hello Stephenso,

Where are you seeing that plan information? The information from the Fido.ca website states:

BYM.jpg

Taken from here.

Since when have you had the 30¢ per minute? As far as I am aware, those rates were increased mid-2014 to 35¢ per minute and then to 40¢ per minute sometime thereafter.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

stephenso
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi there,

It's under my account.  Please see screenshot below, thanks.

https://www.fido.ca/pages/#/my-account/prepaidWireless

Fido capture01.JPG

Hey stephenso, 

This $0.40 per minute - Anytime Plan actually bills $0.30 per outgoing text message to Canadian and US wireless numbers. It seems that the information on your screen capture may be a bit of a display issue. 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your billed messages.