BRIGHTSTAR

I'm a Participant Level 2 nehathapar
I'm a Participant Level 2

BRIGHTSTAR

Hi everyone! I want to share my worst experience with brightstar.

I filed the service request for replacement phone on july 29 online.  It asked me to contact brightstar. When I contacted them, the agent told me that it's my 3rd service request. (But it was my first) On talking with supervisor in corporate team, he apologized and completed the service request and took replacement fee of $230.  After waiting for 5 days, I contacted the brightstar again to know the status. came to know that the asset protection team declined my service request saying that my fido account is in investigation and asked me to contact fido for further information. I don't understand that even if my fido account is in investigation, why can't they give me the replacement phone. I'm paying $11 every month for device protection. So, my device is still covered in case if account is in investigation.

It's been 10 days, I'm without the phone and they declined the service request after waiting for 10 days.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Moderator (inactive) FidoRanya
Moderator (inactive)

Re: BRIGHTSTAR

Hey @nehathapar ,

Welcome to the Community. 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I definitely understand how being without a phone for 10 days gets very tricky, I'd be very excited to be getting my phone back if I was in your shoes.

It's not possible to send you a device before the investigation has been conducted, Brightstar will have to wait for the results before processing a replacement. This is part of the terms of use. 

Were you able to get an ETA on how long the investigation might take? In the meantime are you able to borrow a phone from a friend or a family member?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6

May i know what kind of investigation is it and how long will it take?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Hey @nehathapar

They mentioned an investigation on your Fido account, but did they give you any other information towards that?

If anything, we can definitely have a look at your account. You'd have to contact us for that Smiley

We can also send you a PM on here if you prefer. Let us know

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6

I would prefer a PM

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6

@nehathapar

There's a PM coming your way Smiley