Avoiding Fees While Travelling.

SOLVED
Ereiny
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am traveling to USA and I am asking whether I can pay just a small amount not more than 10 $ and open my data or telephone ?

if yes, just keep me posted by how ? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Avoiding Fees While Travelling.

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Ereiny,

Welcome to the community!

What plan do you have? If you have a Pulse plan, you will only be able to travel to the US using Fido Roam (see here). For $6 per day, you can use all of the services in your current Pulse plan. **edit** You can choose to opt-out of Fido Roam and use on pay-per-use basis as below. You would have to contact customer service

to opt-out**

Since you do not wish to spend more than $10, if you do not have a Pulse plan, your only option would be to use your services on a pay-per-use basis (see here). You should note that data alone would cost $7.99 per day for up to 50MB, while voice and text are: $1.45 per minute and $0.75 per sent text, respectively. You should also note that the data sent within an MMS would count as roaming data.

**edit** If you do not wish to use your services while travelling, you might consider enabling airplane mode on your phone before you enter the US. You can then selectively enable Wifi if desired. Alternatively, you might consider removing your SIM**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Ereiny,

Welcome to the community!

What plan do you have? If you have a Pulse plan, you will only be able to travel to the US using Fido Roam (see here). For $6 per day, you can use all of the services in your current Pulse plan. **edit** You can choose to opt-out of Fido Roam and use on pay-per-use basis as below. You would have to contact customer service

to opt-out**

Since you do not wish to spend more than $10, if you do not have a Pulse plan, your only option would be to use your services on a pay-per-use basis (see here). You should note that data alone would cost $7.99 per day for up to 50MB, while voice and text are: $1.45 per minute and $0.75 per sent text, respectively. You should also note that the data sent within an MMS would count as roaming data.

**edit** If you do not wish to use your services while travelling, you might consider enabling airplane mode on your phone before you enter the US. You can then selectively enable Wifi if desired. Alternatively, you might consider removing your SIM**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers