Authentication in stores with Photo ID

SOLVED
danny__boy
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi, I'm planning to terminate my current contract for the 3 year iphone 5 but the problem is the only photo i.d i have is my passport and it's expired and i don't have a drivers licenses, will they accept my passport if its updated? sorry if this is a stupid question.

I was just at their store and they wouldn't accept my expired passport or school photo.

Accepted Solution

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMegan

Hey @Community

I wanted to update this older thread with the list of photo IDs we currently accept: 

• Driver’s License
  • Canadian Passport
  • Provincial ID or Age of Majority Card
  • Citizenship Card
  • Native Status Card
  • Senior Citizens Card
  • Armed Forces ID

Provincial Health Care cards can't be used as photo ID, because of provincial regulations which limit their use to health care purposes.

Hope this comes in handy! Smiley

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey @Community

I wanted to update this older thread with the list of photo IDs we currently accept: 

• Driver’s License
  • Canadian Passport
  • Provincial ID or Age of Majority Card
  • Citizenship Card
  • Native Status Card
  • Senior Citizens Card
  • Armed Forces ID

Provincial Health Care cards can't be used as photo ID, because of provincial regulations which limit their use to health care purposes.

Hope this comes in handy! Smiley

Tru
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is a bit old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. Store rep needs to have a valid piece of picture ID to be able to authenticate you. If the card is expired, then it's not valid anymore and cannot be used. They can accept Driver's License or other ID issued in Canada by a Canadian government agency (federal, provincial or municipal depending on type of ID). 

Also, please note that Medicare and health insurance cards aren’t accepted.

Hope it helps!

danny__boy

Would they accept birth certificate along with my last years school photo id?

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

I don't see why you would be asked for photo id to cancel a fido contract. I expected you to know your account number and your 4 digit telephone verification number. also a way to pay off your subsidy on your phone. also your date of birth and mailing address you have with fido account.

danny__boy

Forgot to add that i was talking to one of the people in the store and told them that i wanted to terminate my current contract to go on the iphone. Than she asked me for photo id to go on the iphone contract.

You should be able to use your expired passport for photo ID along with birth certificate and answer questions about your pin to satisfy them. And expired passport will allow you back into Canada, so it should be good enough for ID for cell phone contract.. Also,take along proof of address (credit card bill ).

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.