cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asurion does not recognize my number

Regis1
I'm a Participant Level 3

I lost my phone and try to submit a claim through Asurion and the system does not recognize my number despite paying for the insurance

6 REPLIES 6

Regis1
I lost my phone and it was supposed to have protection. I try to resolve the issue via Fido chat. The person told me to call the fido main number. I did call but was kept on hold for 2 hours. I eventually hang up and went to purchase another phone as it was only few dollars more than to go through the hassle of dealing with poor customer service and wait for the phone in the mail. This insurance deal is a rip -off. I cancelled once I realized that it is an open scam

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Regis1

That's definitely not what we want you to experience Sad 

It's not normal that you couldn't reach us for 2 hours! This is definitely not right, I apologize for the experience!

As for the Fido Device Protection, I have it on my end and I think it's useful. I broke the sceen of my phone once and the cost being similar to getting a replacement, I went through with it and I was very satisfied. What exactly makes you think it's not a good product to have ? 

Regis1
After paying the premiums for two years going to the hassle of poor customer service and on the top of that I had to pay a deductible. The monetary is is not a big deal is it calling different numbers to not get a problem solved and being on hold for two hours. It is a good way of losing an ex-loyal customer.

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Regis1!

Welcome to the Community! 

Did you use the phone on the line that had the device protection? Or you used it on a different line?

Regis1
Manuel did you even read my post. How I am going to use the phone if it was lost.

Hi @Regis1

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about it and I'm sorry about your customer service experience. I hate waiting on hold myself, whenever I call anywhere, so I totally get your feelings about that! What my colleague Manuel was asking (I believe) was to know if the line on which was the phone was lost, was the same line on which the "Device Protection Service" is active. I apologize if that lead to any confusion.

If you need any help in getting a new phone or filing a claim through Asurion, let us know! We're always happy to help whenever we can.