Assurion is horrible

Assurion is horrible

Assurion is horrible

SOLVED
AshleyDerkach
I'm a Participant Level 1

Assurion is horrible

what a horrible company, after buying a phone you have to pay around 2 hundred dollars to get your phone fixed or replaced, what a rip off not to mention scam, they dont explain this at all to you over the phone or in person and then expect you to read about it after you already paid, what a corrupt company, glad i have a youtube channel with almost 7k subscribers to let know never to use this comapny unless they wanna lose thier money adn get treated horribly by customer support after being given the run around, never again, trying telus after i get out of contract etc

Accepted Solution

Re: Assurion is horrible

Solved by Former Moderator FidoKevin

Hey AshleyDerkach! Welcome to our community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy about the terms of the Fido Device Protection.

There is a cost to having a phone replaced by Asurion, in addition to the monthly fee, this cost depends on the model of the phone. Being able to replace a phone in a pinch for a fraction of it's price can be really, really useful.

Did you get the chance to read the welcoming package that was sent to you when you added the protection? This information is also available here, you can scroll down "Coverage Details" and download the terms for more details

Hope this helped Smiley

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoKevin
Former Moderator

Hey AshleyDerkach! Welcome to our community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy about the terms of the Fido Device Protection.

There is a cost to having a phone replaced by Asurion, in addition to the monthly fee, this cost depends on the model of the phone. Being able to replace a phone in a pinch for a fraction of it's price can be really, really useful.

Did you get the chance to read the welcoming package that was sent to you when you added the protection? This information is also available here, you can scroll down "Coverage Details" and download the terms for more details

Hope this helped Smiley

BardB2
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am sorry Sad for people who lose their expensive phones. It can feel like a traumatizing experience. Luckily, Fido offers an insurance program against the loss of a device. The monthly charges are reasonable, however there is a replacement fee depending on the device value. Even so, the program reduces the replacement cost after losing a valuable smartphone by a substantial amount, usually hundreds of dollars. The terms of the program are explained very clearly. It's very helpful for people who are prone to losing the things they carry with them :smileyhappy:.