Apple Watch Series 3

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Apple Watch Series 3

When will fido support Apple Watch 3? Bell and Telus both do it!

Accepted Solution

Re: Apple Watch Series 3

Hi @Anshu29,

Welcome to Community Smiley

We have no information to share on that end at this time. Sorry! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 17
Highlighted

Hey @kris2k,

Thanks so much for your long time loyalty, we greatly appreciate it!

The last thing we want is to see you go after so many years with us Sad

We know how important it is for our customers to be able to access the latest technologies and we're working on ways to support the service.

In the meantime, pairing an Apple watch with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is the best option. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 17
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Let's hope the Rogers/Fido executives heard about T-Mobile's latest investor conference call in which the CEO stated:

"We also had strong branded postpaid net additions of one million, supported by continued strong growth of wearables, particularly the Apple Watch."

I can't believe Rogers/Fido would leave all that money on the table. Perhaps there are technological reasons for the delay, but that's not what we've come to expect from them.

My guess is we'll see an announcement from Rogers/Fido in time for the new Apple Watch models expected this fall.  But if we don't, I think anyone interested in the cellular model will probably have to give up waiting, and switch to another carrier (where the rates for adding an Apple Watch are quite reasonable, I might add).

(And Fido reps, we know you have to keep saying it, but I think you can assume that most of us inquiring about Apple Watch LTE support are quite aware that we can pair a Watch with our iPhone, and probably already have.)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 17
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

"As an alternative, as my colleague mentioned, you'll definitively be able to buy Apple Watch Series 3, both the cellular and non-cellular version and bring it to Fido".

I don't understand. How is this an "alternative" to having an LTE Apple Watch? The whole point is to use it independantly of your iPhone. Why pay extra for the LTE enabled Apple Watch and then not be able to use that functionality? Why would anyone need to bring their Apple Watch to Fido if it's only to be paired with their iPhone and not have access to the cellular network on its own? 

I've been a Fido customer for over 10 years. When I get an Apple Watch LTE I'll aparently need to go elsewhere. Fido / Rogers isn't even giving us a vague idea of when or if they'll offer this functionality. Doesn't inspire loyalty.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 17
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey mikemikemike!

We hear you. We know how important it is for our customers to be able to make use of the latest technologies and that this is no exception. 

This is something that we continue to look at as we build system functionality to support this technology.

If we had a timeline that we could share with you we wouldn't hesitate, but we're not quite there yet. When we have a better picture of when we will be able support the Apple Watch we will post an update here. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 17
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

What do you mean we can bring the Apple Watch Series 3 to Fido? We know we don't need Fido to use the watch.

We need Fido to support the cellular function. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 17
Highlighted

Claudia,

"...pairing an Apple watch with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is the best option."

I beg to differ. 

Having a carrier that supports LTE for the watch is the best option. If that means going somewhere else, so be it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We most definitely wouldn't want to see you go @drahman

That's something we're still working on at this time and we do not have an ETA. 

We'll update this thread if there are any changes. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 17