Anyone still waiting for Android 4.4.4. for Moto X?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 MrMiyagi
I'm a Participant Level 2

Anyone still waiting for Android 4.4.4. for Moto X?

I was excited when I read that Android 4.4.4. was being pushed to the Moto X last week; However, I have been checking for the updates, and have not yet received anything. 

Any other Moto X users still waiting for their 4.4.4. update?

Thanks!

Mr. M.

Accepted Solution

Re: Anyone still waiting for Android 4.4.4. for Moto X?

Unlike the iPhones, updates for Android devices are not necessarily pushed for all service providers simultaneously. Phone makers will generally update their unlocked phones first, then they'll send that update to different phone carriers.

The phone carriers will then individually validate that the update works correctly on their network and request modifications (generally, they'll request that their own APN is included so that data can work outside the box, add certain applications like Fido My Account, etc). They then need to wait for the manufacturer to include these modifications, send it back for another review and so on. They then decide for a release date on which the update will be pushed to customer's devices.

Hope this clarifies!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2
Solution

Unlike the iPhones, updates for Android devices are not necessarily pushed for all service providers simultaneously. Phone makers will generally update their unlocked phones first, then they'll send that update to different phone carriers.

The phone carriers will then individually validate that the update works correctly on their network and request modifications (generally, they'll request that their own APN is included so that data can work outside the box, add certain applications like Fido My Account, etc). They then need to wait for the manufacturer to include these modifications, send it back for another review and so on. They then decide for a release date on which the update will be pushed to customer's devices.

Hope this clarifies!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
I'm a Participant Level 2 MrMiyagi
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks. The update was pushed by Motorola, and I didn't receive it. I contacted Motorola, and they looked into it, and it turns out there was was a server issue, which they quickly rectified.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/103202877061697350876/posts/Je4mGLx21Jr

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3