Anyone knows Fido's CEO email address?

SOLVED
althetrainer
I'm a Participant Level 2

I am a member of a Canadian consumer group.  Quite a few of us have bought accessories from Fido website on December 21.  Our credit cards been charged but merchandise was never shipped.  Various members called Fido but were told they couldn't find any records on our orders.  A few of us tried getting an answer via Fido FB pages but we got the runaround.  I believe we have run into a wall of customer service representatives who continue to pass the ball back and forth among themselves.  We need to reach someone higher up who will be willing to look into the problems.  

Accepted Solution

Re: Anyone knows Fido's CEO email address?

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Althetrainer,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your frustrations, however, requesting the CEO's email address on a public forum is not appropriate. There are proper channels of contact. I understand you have contacted customer service. Have you escalated by asking to speak to a manager? If you have, and yet your problem was not resolved, you can share your concern here.

That said, I hope you understand that the pre-Christmas period when you purchased the items is the busiest time for ALL merchants. Many retailers will be unable to ship goods purchased around Christmas until January. It is currently January 2nd -- a held-over statuary holiday for many because New Years fell on a Sunday.

I also understand that part of your issue is that the customer representatives couldn't find any records of your orders. When companies provide services and merchandise, they are often on separate systems because services and merchandising are usually considered separate divisions (or possibly sold via a 3rd party). Customer service and those who monitor social media (Facebook and Twitter) or the community may not have access to those purchase orders.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Althetrainer,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your frustrations, however, requesting the CEO's email address on a public forum is not appropriate. There are proper channels of contact. I understand you have contacted customer service. Have you escalated by asking to speak to a manager? If you have, and yet your problem was not resolved, you can share your concern here.

That said, I hope you understand that the pre-Christmas period when you purchased the items is the busiest time for ALL merchants. Many retailers will be unable to ship goods purchased around Christmas until January. It is currently January 2nd -- a held-over statuary holiday for many because New Years fell on a Sunday.

I also understand that part of your issue is that the customer representatives couldn't find any records of your orders. When companies provide services and merchandise, they are often on separate systems because services and merchandising are usually considered separate divisions (or possibly sold via a 3rd party). Customer service and those who monitor social media (Facebook and Twitter) or the community may not have access to those purchase orders.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

althetrainer
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank you for your prompt response.  I thought all contact info was public, like many other companies.  I guess my assumption was wrong and that Fido management does not want direct contacts from customers. In that case, my bad.

I understand your explanation of the pre-Christmas rush.  However, this is not our concern.  Our concern is more in line with your thought of separated systems cannot communicate with each other.  As customers we would like to be able to, at least, talk to someone who knows about our orders.  When we called Fido customer service and were told that our orders didn't exist and that they didn't know what we were talking about, this was when the real concern began.

I can't speak for the rest of us but I personally had contacted Fido multiple times from calling their 800 number and talking to different agents but was given interesting instructions from googling it to going to a physical store for help.  They couldn't tell me what happened to my order simply because they couldn't even see it.  Many others have confirmed my personal experience.  If you want to hear from them I will be more than happy to bring them here with their testimonies.  

As stupid as it sounds I actually talked to somone in a physcial store (because I had nowhere else to turn to) but once again was told that they had nothing to do with online orders.  Then who has anything to do with our orders?  How could our orders just disappear? I spent hours on searching for some way to get to the bottom of the mystery.  I finally found Fido FB page.  Someone from their FB page replied with canned messages saying they're doing whatever they could to solve the issue.  But to me that was just hot air that doesn't hold anything.  Each time I tried to get a real answer I got passed from one agent to another.  I got three different agents within 12 hours and each time they came with the same reply but no real answer.  

Okay, I will give them the holiday rush but I can't understand how it is possible for a compnay to tell us that they can't find our orders.  It's an online order and if that number they listed online was not the number to call, which number should we call?  We don't want to bother those nice people who have nothing to do with our orders so please tell us which is the correct number to call to get this sorted out.  

Hey @althetrainer ,

Welcome to the Community! 

That's not the experience we want you to have Sad .

I'll send a PM your way to help trace your order.