Anyone got the OTA 4.02 on their Galaxy Nexus (unrooted) ?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 NicolasN
I'm a Participant Level 2

Anyone got the OTA 4.02 on their Galaxy Nexus (unrooted) ?

Hi All,

I was wondering if it was just me living in Quebec or if it was affecting the whole network as well, did anybody got the upgrade to 4.02 or is it just fido being slower than every other network in releasing the upgrade ?

I know that a lot of people are experiencing issues after the upgrade and have to reset their phone so maybe thats not too bad to be stuck on 4.01 but still it would be nice to have my phone to be (slightly) more up to date.

Accepted Solution

Re: Anyone got the OTA 4.02 on their Galaxy Nexus (unrooted) ?

Hey NicolasN,

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. For more information regarding OS upgrade availability for all customers using an  Android please check the OS Upgrade Schedule thread in the community Forum or you can click on the Link Below to access it.

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/message-id/20501#M20501

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
I'm a Participant Level 2 NicolasN
I'm a Participant Level 2

Well I know that by following some instructions and using the usb connector you can download the 4.02 ROM and then use it to get the update straight from google and therefor bypassing Samsung (who provides the ROM for the carriers) and Fido in the process and so you should then get the latest realease as soon as  Google makes them available but thats not really what I want to do.

Looks like Fido is just slow. There is no "Sync" option with the Galaxy Nexus when you plug it on your computer, I don't know how it is for the Xperia Pro but it looks different.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Fido Employee fidoOlivier
Fido Employee
Solution

Hey NicolasN,

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. For more information regarding OS upgrade availability for all customers using an  Android please check the OS Upgrade Schedule thread in the community Forum or you can click on the Link Below to access it.

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/message-id/20501#M20501

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3