Any one experiencing a bent iPhone 6+?

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

jtega
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I have, it's just slighty bent barely noticable .
and I called Apple and they're looking in to it. I had to take pictures and send it in.They said they're going to give me a call back in 2 Business days.
I'm just curious to see how many others out there in the Fido community who are experiencing similar issues and to hear feedback, if the Apple care system plans to replace their phones.
http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/will-apple-replace-your-bent-iphone-6-it-depends/ 

Below is the picture, as you can see there is a gap between the surface and the iPhone. If you tap on one corner the phone lifts up, which is unusual.
Photo on 2014-09-25 at 6.33 PM.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
dallen33
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Yeah, that's not a bend. That's the protruding camera lens.
peekay

No, look at the position of the sleep/wake button and the SIM card tray.

That phone is LCD-side down, not resting on the camera.

xero9

@peekay wrote:

No, look at the position of the sleep/wake button and the SIM card tray.

That phone is LCD-side down, not resting on the camera.

The picture is flipped horizontally.

If you download the picture and zoom in you'll clearly see the black glass on the top.  If you flip it horizontally, you'll even see the text on that silver container looks more natural.

Nothing to see here folks.

xero9

Also, to add one more nail in the coffin..  The exif data says this was taken with Photo Booth, which takes the photos backards.

Shelby
I'm a Participant Level 1

You are resting the phone on the camera, as far as I can tell. Flip the phone over and try again.
sheedy17
Fido Employee

I am very interested to see how many of these cases there are out there, I read an article yesterday they said 9 people lol... I find it hard to believe that this news hit if 9 people complained.

dieselgg
I'm Helpful Level 3

From what I read it is a design flaw. During manufacturing, when the holes are drilled on the side for the button, this reduces the strength or rigidity of the metal band around the phone. Again this is what I understand. This issue may eventually appear in all phones if one is to keep it in their pocked or subject it to pressure for a long period of time. Just read more up on it.