Another refer a friend AFTER activation question.

SOLVED
roro4848
I'm a Participant Level 3

I signed with Fido through a third party retailer. They activated my phone but noone mentioned the refer a friend promo. My son is a Fido client. Since my line is already activated, does that mean the discount is lost or can my son still give me a referral code so that we both can get the credit?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Another refer a friend AFTER activation question.

Solved by Moderator

Hey @roro4848

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

For this promotional offer to work a referral code needs to be generated before the activation takes place. You can read more about the Refer A Friend program here

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoPierre

Hey @roro4848

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

For this promotional offer to work a referral code needs to be generated before the activation takes place. You can read more about the Refer A Friend program here

roro4848
I'm a Participant Level 3

Thanks for the reply,

I don't agree with this policy especially since  the credit is applied only after 3 months of service. A new activation should be given a 1 week grace period. I called Fido CSR and was informed that there was nothing they could do, which is unfortunate. I called the 3rd party retailer who activated my line and he told me not to worry and I should be fine, they have experienced this issue before. I got a call back from them and I was informed that they called fido and "fixed" the issue and both I and my son will receive the credit after 3 billing cycles.