Android Nougat

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Android Nougat

Well there has been lots of talk about Android Nougat being released soon, probably in September for some carriers but now it's highly likely that Android 7.0 Nougat will be releasing to Nexus devices on August 22. Looks like we probably won't get Android Nougat till 6 months to a year from now, just like with Marshmallow, but anything can happen pretty much I guess.....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 15
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Re: Android Nougat

My money is on fall 2017.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 15
Highlighted

I know same here. It's been almost close to a year since Android Marshmallow released & we're still waiting for that to be released on the S6/S6 Edge phones from Fido & Rogers. So I'm not holding my breathe thinking they'll release Android Nougat anytime soon..... 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 15
Highlighted

Well it's official! Android N (Nougat) 7.0 has officially been released to those of you who own a Nexus Device. Now we'll just have to wait & see how long it will take Fido to release Android N, here we go playing the waiting game again.... So interested to find out if it will take them close to a year to release Android N like they did with Android M lol 

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-nougat-now-available

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 15
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Very well could be, I might not be around to worry about it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 15
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

As I predicted awhile back while us S6 owners are relieved to be the very last users to receive Marshmallow the very same day Nougat released to Nexus owners so we're still behind the curve. Wonder how many years we'll wait to see that OS?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 15
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Proac! I moved your message since we already had a similar thread. As always, you can check out our OS scedhule here. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 15
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

It doesn't give us a specific date.  Given that Nougat has already rolled out to every American carrier except for AT&T, I expect that you guys would be giving us a specific date now.

Do you have any idea as to when exactly this update will be released?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 15
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

As soon as we know, you'll know! We'll update the OS Upgrade Schedule when we get an exact date, AlexPark. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 15
Highlighted

Can you explain why it is taking so long to even know when we can expect to receive it?

Has LG not rolled out Nougat for H381 G5 models?  Does Fido already have it and are tweaking it?

Giving us a reason would be very helpful, as many other users are wondering why.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 15