Android 6.0 Marshmallow experience?

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

So last week I updated my 2-years old Nexus 5 from Kit Kat (4.4.4) to Marshmallow (6.0). I have avoided Lollipop (5.x) because of the many issues that were raised with the Nexus 5.

I would just like to know who else has upgraded to 6.0 (any device), and what's your experience so far.

In my case, I'd say it's a good one. The Material Design look doesn't bother me as much as I thought. Battery life, my biggest concern, is similar to Kit Kat - about 2 days. It appears to go down fast when using the phone, but Doze mode compensates. The battery page says that WiFi is eating most of the battery, so I'm trying turning it off except when I'm actively using it (the screen is on, automation done through the Llama app), and at 44% after about 36 hours, so I should run around 3 days. Of course, maybe I would have had the same thing had I made the same settings in 4.4.4 - I'll never know! Smiley

My only issue, and it's a very minor one, is that we apparently lost the categories in the contacts. Hardly a deal-breaker; it was a useful feature, but not a required one.

So what's your experience?

1 REPLY 1
FidoMatt
Former Moderator

Thanks for sharing!

Great tips in there to save battery life. 

Anyone else tried Marshmallow? We'd like to hear of your experience and if you have any tips like zyx just gave us.