Am I able to suspend my phone for travel?

SOLVED
chloez96
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hey I am wondering if I can suspend my phone account for travel. I am outside of Canada already and I need to suspend my account for 2 months. Is it possible and how can I do it? Thank you guys so much!

Accepted Solution

Re: Am I able to suspend my phone for travel?

Solved by MVP MVP

The voluntary Temporary Suspension of your service is possible.

Basically, now your service can be suspended from 2 to 4 months for $7 per month.

You can also call +1-514-925-4590 (from abroad) to reach Fido, which is free of charge, from your Fido phone. 

Online chat, this forum, twitter and facebook are available as well even you are aboard. 

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

The voluntary Temporary Suspension of your service is possible.

Basically, now your service can be suspended from 2 to 4 months for $7 per month.

You can also call +1-514-925-4590 (from abroad) to reach Fido, which is free of charge, from your Fido phone. 

Online chat, this forum, twitter and facebook are available as well even you are aboard. 

Travelfox
I'm a Participant Level 1

Based on the reply ("you can also call Fido...") this is a second option. Am I able to do it myself online? Not really thrilled about waiting on hold for 10 mins.

@Travelfox a temporary suspension can only be done by a Fido representative. Fido can also be contacted via online chat system or you can send them a message through Facebook or Twitter. For all the different way to contact Fido see here.

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @Travelfox

Welcome to the Community! 

Just to add on to KAPABLE-K's reply, I just wanted to specify that this particular kind of offer is only available if your number is not currently on a TAB24 agreement.

Let us know if you still need help setting up changes to your account and we can also send you a PM from here to take a closer look! Smiley