Always on hold when calling in

tiredofbnonhold
I'm a Participant Level 3

Why is it that almost every time I call customer service I am put on hold for more than five minutes at a time?? 

I never seem to get through!!! Tired of being on hold!!! You guys really need to fix this cuz after 15 years I am about to scrap you and go with BELL!! 

10 REPLIES 10
Elizabeth_6977
I'm a Participant Level 1

Waited for over 30 minutes before fast beep and dead air.  Was told it was a 29 minute wait for when I called in early Dec. way to treat your customers Fido.

merry christmas

EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

Chances is that if you switch to Bell you too will be put on hold for > 15 min.  Why?

1. Christmas time. lots of people are activating phones.

2. CRTC unlock phone rulling. Lots are calling in to unlock their phones.

3. It's part of life in Canada and US. When was the last time you didn't get put on hold? 

Coming to the forum and complaining is not going to get too much sympathy from others as we all have to go through the same situation.  It is as simple as that!

tiredofbnonhold

Let me make one thing clear, my wait time wasn't 15 minutes is was an hour and 2 when I call in at Bell I don't usually wait and if I do they have a service that can call you back.

Whether it's xmas Kwanza or a bake sale I really couldn't care less Hire more people like most business' do when it's holiday season.

I didn't come here to get pity I came to get a bloody explanation and especially not from the likes of you, someone rude.  Now kindly buzzoff

EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

I think the only person who is rude aorund here is you.  Look at what you typed?  You only been put on hold for 1 hour and you were unable to show any patience and consideration.  Once I was put on hold for > 2 h by an alarm company so if I were you, I would step aside and stay silent.

Last but not least, nobody will be sad if you leave.  In fact, we would be happy because Fido staff can use resources on people who wants to be helped.  Inviduals with yelling and screaming attitude like you will only get looked down upon, or worst yet, kicked out of airplanes. 

@tiredofbnonhold wrote:

Let me make one thing clear, my wait time wasn't 15 minutes is was an hour and 2 when I call in at Bell I don't usually wait and if I do they have a service that can call you back.

Whether it's xmas Kwanza or a bake sale I really couldn't care less Hire more people like most business' do when it's holiday season.

I didn't come here to get pity I came to get a bloody explanation and especially not from the likes of you, someone rude.  Now kindly buzzoff

tiredofbnonhold

@EFTC wrote:

I think the only person who is rude aorund here is you.  Look at what you typed?  You only been put on hold for 1 hour and you were unable to show any patience and consideration.  Once I was put on hold for > 2 h by an alarm company so if I were you, I would step aside and stay silent.

Last but not least, nobody will be sad if you leave.  In fact, we would be happy because Fido staff can use resources on people who wants to be helped.  Inviduals with yelling and screaming attitude like you will only get looked down upon, or worst yet, kicked out of airplanes. 

@tiredofbnonhold wrote:

Look I am not sure what crawled up your **bleep** but I have a lot of patience and this ain't my first rodeo with Fido waiting around over an hour for someone to take my call 

Waiting over 15 minutes is def not a very good way to treat customers whether they have been with the company for a month or 5 years, and I my friend (said sarcastically) have been with them for 15 so I have much patience and consideration

You on the other hand came to my post aand instead of giving me good advice or a solution came and gave me **bleep** hence the attitude I gave right back at you.

Now you've come back with more **bleep** thrown at my direction, quote "Last but not least, nobody will be sad if you leave.  In fact, we would be happy because Fido staff can use resources on people who wants to be helped.  Inviduals with yelling and screaming attitude like you will only get looked down upon, or worst yet, kicked out of airplanes."

Wonderful advice from a troll  not a solution nor help thank you so kindly for that. 

Rudeness begets rudeness and now again I say without the "kindly" BUZZOFF!!!! 

EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

@tiredofbnonhold wrote:

@EFTC wrote:

@tiredofbnonhold wrote:

Look I am not sure what crawled up your **bleep** but I have a lot of patience and this ain't my first rodeo with Fido waiting around over an hour for someone to take my call 

Waiting over 15 minutes is def not a very good way to treat customers whether they have been with the company for a month or 5 years, and I my friend (said sarcastically) have been with them for 15 so I have much patience and consideration

You on the other hand came to my post aand instead of giving me good advice or a solution came and gave me **bleep** hence the attitude I gave right back at you.

Now you've come back with more **bleep** thrown at my direction, quote "Last but not least, nobody will be sad if you leave.  In fact, we would be happy because Fido staff can use resources on people who wants to be helped.  Inviduals with yelling and screaming attitude like you will only get looked down upon, or worst yet, kicked out of airplanes."

Wonderful advice from a troll  not a solution nor help thank you so kindly for that. 

Rudeness begets rudeness and now again I say without the "kindly" BUZZOFF!!!! 

What kind of solution do you want ?  Everyone have to wait and there is no prejudice for anyone.  You seem to think you are the greatest and must be treated with high respect simply because you have been with Fido for 15 years.  That's how you present yourself to be seen by other people.

What I see is this post is written from someone who is very arrogant and shows lack of respect to FIdo staff and other members.  This person also like to use foul language (in the form of beeps made by R2D2 or other astrodroids found in sci fi movies) to get the point across. My conclusion is that this individual lacks words required for proper communication.  (Take note that I do not need to use "beeps" to get my point across.) 

The real solution is that you have an attitude and nobody can change that except yourself. 

@tiredofbnonhold wrote:

Fido also have a call back feature.

Who do you think will pay so Fido can hire more people so you don't have to wait when you call in?

You came looking for "bloody explanation" well you got some its not @EFTC fault you can't handle the truth.

tiredofbnonhold

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

@tiredofbnonhold wrote:

Fido also have a call back feature.

Who do you think will pay so Fido can hire more people so you don't have to wait when you call in?

You came looking for "bloody explanation" well you got some its not @EFTC fault you can't handle the truth.

First of all when I called in there was no "call back feature" 

I am most def sure Fido can afford to hire more people to take care of their clients especially those that are loyal to them and have been with them for 15 years 

I did come for an explanation but what I got were extremely rude answers with attitudes. No "real" solutions 

Give and take buddy that's life   earn respect, and right now Fido lost all mine 

one more thing, rudeness gets rudeness, niceness gets niceness it's common sense  

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey tiredofbnonhold!

I'm sad to hear that you're recent experience contacting customer service did not match your expectations! We're doing our best to get to everyone as quickly as we can, however, we may be experiencing a higher volume of requests than usual, which may be causing a longer delay than usual in getting in getting to your call.

Were you able to get through to a rep in the end?

Keep in mind there are lots of ways to contact us. Maybe using a different channel to contact us would better suit your needs. You can find them all here

tiredofbnonhold

Actually Amanda no I was not. 

I still haven't gotten through, but it's ok I don't need to buy or update my phone contract with fido anymore. I will be going in store to take care of it