Air Time with Fido Dollars is Useless

SOLVED
TeaTime
I'm a Participant Level 3

I've been using fido's prepaid service for over a year now and i have 15 fido dollars. I wanted to use them for more air time minutes, however fido only allows a $20 option when i only need $10 in airtime minutes. Why is that? I dont use the phone much so i dont need more than $20 a month. I wont be using the fido dollars on anything else so it would be a complete waste.

Accepted Solution

Re: Air Time with Fido Dollars is Useless

Solved by Fido Employee fidoOlivier

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it . The Fido Instant5 service, once subscribe will start the month after the registration have taken place. the Bonus airtime is valid for 30days and a text message confirmation will be sent every time a bonus airtime is apply every month.

Keep in mind that the Fido Dollars will be use on the 1st of every month and the airtime will be made available to use by the 15th of that month which is 2weeks after. Airtime will not be added if your Fido account doesn't have sufficient Fido dollars. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoJudhy
Former Moderator

Hey TeaTime!

Please note that it was a business decision to have the FidoDOLLARS™ airtime refill amount set to $20 minimum.

However, I understand that this amount may be too much for you. If you prefer, you could use them via the Instant5 service. It would use 5 FidoDOLLARS™ plus tax from your FidoDOLLARS™ balance and have them applied to your prepaid balance once per month provided that you have enough to cover the amount on the first of the month. The refill would be applied on the 15th.

To register to the service, you may send a text message with the word "Instant5" to short code number 4863.

I hope this helps!

glenlee83

i have a question about auto refill 5$..

today i found  5.25$ was deducted from my fido dollars, but still my air time didn't changed yet.

How long do  i have to wait ? one day or two days ?

@glenlee83 wrote:

i have a question about auto refill 5$..

today i found  5.25$ was deducted from my fido dollars, but still my air time didn't changed yet.

How long do  i have to wait ? one day or two days ?

Hi glenlee83,

Did your balance get updated?

glenlee83

my balance is the same... Customer serivce said just wait for 2 weeks.. she said don't worry ..lol

@glenlee83 wrote:

my balance is the same... Customer serivce said just wait for 2 weeks.. she said don't worry ..lol

Did she mention that it would take effect on your billing cycle date? That's the only reason I can think of as to why she would have given you a two week delay.. Do you know when your billing cycle resets?

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it . The Fido Instant5 service, once subscribe will start the month after the registration have taken place. the Bonus airtime is valid for 30days and a text message confirmation will be sent every time a bonus airtime is apply every month.

Keep in mind that the Fido Dollars will be use on the 1st of every month and the airtime will be made available to use by the 15th of that month which is 2weeks after. Airtime will not be added if your Fido account doesn't have sufficient Fido dollars. 

Hope this helps.