Additional Data Charge?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 ARCAKY
I'm a Participant Level 2

Additional Data Charge?

New to wireless phones.  I chose $49 plan, which include 750MB and 750 mins. However, I received my first bill and was surprised to see "Additional Data Charge" of $10.00 under Regular Charges.  According to my usage summary in Fido website, I did not come anywhere close to my 750MB limit (135MB uesd). Can someone please explain to me how come there is a Additional Data Charge ?

Accepted Solution

Re: Additional Data Charge?

When you activate your service, your usage is prorated for the first day or so (more precisely, from the day you activate until the end of your billing cycle, which is stated on your service agreement document). You were then entitled a part of your 750 minutes/750 MB of data. Your plan is also charged in proration accordignly.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2
Solution

When you activate your service, your usage is prorated for the first day or so (more precisely, from the day you activate until the end of your billing cycle, which is stated on your service agreement document). You were then entitled a part of your 750 minutes/750 MB of data. Your plan is also charged in proration accordignly.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 ARCAKY
I'm a Participant Level 2

I dont really understand, can you just tell me what is additonal data charge according to my situation?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

@ARCAKY wrote:

I dont really understand, can you just tell me what is additonal data charge according to my situation?

You have 750Mo for 1 month (30 or 31 days). 

Let's say your billing cycle starts on 1st of october and ends on 31st of october, but you got this new plan on 28th of september. You are charged 4.90$ for the period of 28th sep to 30th oct (49$/30days then * 3 days of service).

Same thing for internet, you only get to use 75Mo (750Mo/30days then * 3 days of service).

It's called prorata and when you change plans in between cycle dates, it applies on airtime, data and pricing.

If you are a new customer to fido, then it's sorta the same thing. If you got phone on 28th but the cycle that was given to you is 1st to 31st, then you calculate the same way.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4