Additional Charges in My First Bill

SOLVED
MarGrav
I'm a Participant Level 3

Why my first Fido bill charged me with Fido Pulse BYOP plans for $5.65?  This is not stated in the contract.

Accepted Solution

Re: Additional Charges in My First Bill

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi MarGrav & welcome to the Community. Smiley

When you activate your line, the system automatically assigns a billing cycle to your account; this cycle begins the day following your activation date. Due to this, you're billed for 1 month + 1 day on your first bill. The extra charge you're seeing on your bill is a partial amount of your plan for that 1 day.

I hope this clarifies everything.

Cheers!

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
MarGrav

Umm ok...one more thing, how come fido charging me for the whole month? I only acquired my line last dec 30, 2015.

@MarGrav wrote:
Umm ok...one more thing, how come fido charging me for the whole month? I only acquired my line last dec 30, 2015.

Hello MarGrav,

If I'm not mistaken, plans are charged in advance. As @FidoMaria mentioned, your first bill includes your first month + 1 day (prorata). That means that your first bill includes usage for Dec 31st to Jan 30th (Dec 30th would be your 1 day prorata). Your second bill would include Jan 31st to Mar 2nd plus any additional charges (overage, LD, etc) from Dec 31st to Jan 30th.

In other words, each cycle consists of your monthly fee for the following month plus any additional charges from the previous month. **edit** Monthly fees, ahead; additional charges, behind.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

MarGrav

Thanks everyone! you've been very helpful!

MarGrav

Thanks for your reply fidomaria. So does it mean that i will not see that 'additional charges' on my next billing statement?

@MarGrav no you will not that was just a partial charge for the one day.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi MarGrav & welcome to the Community. Smiley

When you activate your line, the system automatically assigns a billing cycle to your account; this cycle begins the day following your activation date. Due to this, you're billed for 1 month + 1 day on your first bill. The extra charge you're seeing on your bill is a partial amount of your plan for that 1 day.

I hope this clarifies everything.

Cheers!