Adding a family member

Adding a family member

Adding a family member

SOLVED
raj25
I'm a Participant Level 2

Adding a family member

Hey,  

I have a 2 year plan with my wife and it's been 1 year now, I want to add my son to the plan as well, if so how can I do it, how much will it cost, and what smartphones can he get with a basic monthly plan?

Accepted Solution

Re: Adding a family member

Solved by I'm an Expert Level 2

@raj25 wrote:

What smart phones are available for this and how long would the contract last?

It would be a 2 year agreement and you could choose from any of their phones, except the iPhones, which are only available on 3 year terms with Max plans. The prices of the phones on a 2 year will vary between device, so you are best to just go to fido.ca and look for yourself.

View solution in context
10 REPLIES 10
JoAnn

I have smart plan $45/month. My husband has a phone and a number ( Rodgers) he would like to keep , can he be added to my plan at the same or less rate.

Hey @JoAnn!

They would definitely be able to transfer their number over to Fido! However they would need to select one of our available plans on the market to activate this line with us. You can check them out from here.

Let us know if you'd like to proceed and I'll send you a PM so we can get started. Smiley 

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

You can add him to your acct with any plan. They have a promo now where you can add a new line to an existing acct and get the $25 Smart plan for $19.
raj25

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

@raj25 wrote:

It would be a 2 year agreement and you could choose from any of their phones, except the iPhones, which are only available on 3 year terms with Max plans. The prices of the phones on a 2 year will vary between device, so you are best to just go to fido.ca and look for yourself.

Just want to make a correction; it's the $25 Standard plan that's on promotion for $19 for a second line activation, not a Smart plan.

The Samsung Galaxy Ace ll x for $20 on this plan (Tab24)

TeresaG
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi there

I have a line and i want to get my daughter her first phone tomorrow- she wants an iphone 5s

will i get a discount because of my line and what costs am I looking at to actiavte her?

Thanks Teresa

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

Assuming no other additional promotion, expect the iphone 5s 16gb to be $230+tax and a 2year Max Plan of minimum $75/month for 24months. If you are adding your daughter under your account you can expect a 10% discount for your monthly plan, making it $67.5/month.

Your total cost for 2 years of service will be about ($230 + 67.5x24) x 1.13 = $2090.5

The above plan assumes you use the cheapest Max plan (500mb/month) You will be under a 2 year contract with Fido, and expect to pay an additional $50 should you decide to unlock your phone.

May I also say your daughter is very blessed to own a iphone 5s as her first phone! May I ask what colour does she prefer?
raj25

Can I get the LG optimus L7?

FidoStephen
Community Manager

@raj25 wrote:

Can I get the LG optimus L7?

Absolutely! It's $0 on a 2 year Tab24 with a Standard plan.