Add me to the list of people angry about fido dollars

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

robertb
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I have around 170 fido dollars. I can see from other posts that the mods suggest using them for "phones, travel packs, SIM card, add-ons or Prepaid Airtime."

phones: it doesn't seem that I can just use those fido dollars to buy a phone outright and i need to get a plan. add to that the fact that fido doesn't appear to have any phone that i want (nexus 5x or moto play, for example.) So I can't really use those fido dollars for a phone. Add to that the fact that I would lose my current plan which is much better than anything else offered today.

travel packs: i have no plans for immediate travel and I use other providers when i travel anyway. so i can't use fido dollars for that either.

SIM card: ermmmm, i already have a SIM card. why would i need another?

Add-ons: I don't need any add-ons and even if i did, one can only apply fido dollars to the first month anyway.

Prepaid airtime: that would be nice since i have two prepaid accounts in addition to my post-pay account but fido says you cannot use your fido dollars on a different account.

the options that fido offers for their dollars are of no use and never have been. frankly, i would be less unhappy if fido had never offered them to me in the first place. Why have a loyalty scheme that frustrates the customer?

So I guess come july, my fido dollars will just vanish into thin air. That sure makes me a happy happy customer.

2 REPLIES 2
FidoKenny

Hey @robertb and welcome to the Community Smiley

Just to clarify with you.

You can actually puchase a phone/ device with or without a Fido agreement.

So it wouldn't be a problem to buy your phone outright, and you wouldn't have to take a plan either.

To find all your options to use your rewards, you can take a look at the FidoDOLLARS General store here

We certainly don't want to see you leave in July.

I would be happy to take a look at your options with you. I'm sending you a PM now.

Talk to you soon Smiley 

kevinj31
I'm a Contributor Level 1

another thing you can do with your fido dollars in order to use them before expiration is to buy an iphone, sell it online, and then use to proceeds to purchase whatever else you want from an unlocked reseller of your choosing.  everyone it seems wants an iphone, you won't have any problem getting rid of it.