Add Second Phone to Account?

SOLVED
MacDugal
I'm a Participant Level 1

I pay for my parents phone with Telus, bought them a new phone and would like to port them over to Fido under my account - is it possible to have two phones (two phone numbers, two plans, etc.) under my account or do I need to make a second account to manage their stuff from then...?

Accepted Solution

Re: Add Second Phone to Account?

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 2

Yes, you can have multiple plans in your own account. I have my plan, my wife's, and our home line under my account. I log in to the website using my cell phone number, but then I get a dropdown list to select which line I want to see the details for. I get a single invoice for all three lines.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@MacDugal wrote:

I pay for my parents phone with Telus, bought them a new phone...

Quick note: if that phone was bought from Telus, it is locked*, meaning it won't work with Fido (actually, any carrier other than Telus) unless you get it unlocked, which you will need to pay for.

* Does not apply to Google Nexus phones, which are never locked.

Maybe it doesn't apply, maybe you already knew - I just wanted to make sure you avoid such a surprise.

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Yes, you can have multiple plans in your own account. I have my plan, my wife's, and our home line under my account. I log in to the website using my cell phone number, but then I get a dropdown list to select which line I want to see the details for. I get a single invoice for all three lines.