Activate new SIM card - Prepaid

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 wu3
I'm a Participant Level 1

Activate new SIM card - Prepaid

Hello,

I am already a customer of Fido as I have an active prepaid sim card. My old phone is broken and I just bought a new phone and I want to use the new phone with the same account, number and prepaid plan.

I went to a Fido Store to buy a new sim card because the previous one is too big.

The seller told me they could not activate it in store and asked me to go online after I bought the new multi-sized sim card.

Unfortunatly, I could not find the option to activate a new sim card.

How do I activate my new sim card while keeping everything the same?

Accepted Solution

Re: Activate new SIM card - Prepaid

Hey wu3!

Welcome to the Community!

If you'd had a monthly account, you could have activated your SIM Card through My Account under the Services tab, however, with a prepaid account, this is something that can only be done by contacting customer service.

We can give you a hand with this here, but, keep in mind, that there are lot of ways to reach customer service.

We'll send you a PM shortly to get started.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Solution

Hey wu3!

If you'd had a monthly account, you could have activated your SIM Card through My Account under the Services tab, however, with a prepaid account, this is something that can only be done by contacting customer service.

We can give you a hand with this here, but, keep in mind, that there are lot of ways to reach customer service.

We'll send you a PM shortly to get started.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 1 wdqwd
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I am a customer of Fido as I have an active prepaid sim card.  I bought a new phone and a new multi-sized sim card.  So how can I active the new SIM card?

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7

Hey @wdqwd,

I've moved your post to this existing thread since it's about the same subject.

I'll send you a PM to help you activate your new SIM Smiley

Talk soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

i would goto another store to assist you to activate it (as this is the best choice),

or go online to activate the card

or call fido customer care,

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 2 22c
I'm a Participant Level 2

"We can give you a hand with this here, but, keep in mind, that there are lot of ways to reach customer service."
How exactly can I reach customer service in regards to 'updating' my sim card for my pre paid account, online? 

I am in exactly the same predicament the original poster is, new phone and 20+ year old sim card that is one size only, too large for the new phone. I've just wasted over an hour on this, including using the live chat service.  Thus far, the only 'solution' I have been offered is to call Fido. How exactly am I going to call fido with my phone that isn't activated?  You really think I'm going to go out and search for a public pay phone?  They pretty much no longer exist, in case you hadn't heard.  How about some practical advice in regards to solving this issue, rather than just "there are a lot of ways to reach customer service".

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @22c

For prepaid accounts, you can make the change online. If you're having trouble, you can get some help with this in store. 

Hope that helps! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7