Activate Prepaid SIM Card

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Activate Prepaid SIM Card

I've just bought a new phone and would like to activate a new sim card with prepaid service, called fido and waited for 15 minutes and still, no one answered. Is there any other way I can activate my card? Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Activate Prepaid SIM Card

Hey @stephcheung

Welcome to the Community Smiley .

Did you know that you could activate the service yourself right here ? 

If you still need help, let us know! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey @stephcheung

Welcome to the Community Smiley .

Did you know that you could activate the service yourself right here ? 

If you still need help, let us know! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

I can not use your Fido Link to activate my Prepaid 30 dollar voucher that I bught at a Fido Kiosk. Because I was not given a Phone Number for my Phone. Your Online form requests a phone number in order to text me , when i try activating. Fido Phone Support is still Sleeping till 9am pacific.

I have a receipt with a Secret code for a Monthly prepaid plan with 250 anytime minutes , that also shows a referal code or bundle or voucher number but no other info.is on the receipt.

The Fido Kiosk requested another 40 dollars to activate giving a number , so to avoid that i need Fido National Support. 

My phone is unlocked and only has emergency calls until, i get fido to activate somehow. there is no , selfserve option on the phone to activate like it says on my receipt from the fido mall kiosk. 

I am just hoping that once activated, i actually get the 250 minutes with the plan that i purchased and not 40 cents per minute as the other prepaid plan is.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @oldendays!

Thanks for reaching out Smiley

If I understand, you are trying to activate a prepaid line with Fido, correct? If that's the case, let me start by asking if you have a sim card. If yes, you can complete the activation here: http://fido.ly/2jHuOTX. Add the plan that you are interested in to the "basket".

Also, our hours of operations for B.C are 9 am to 9 pm PST: http://fido.ly/2e5YSdk.

Let me know if you need any help and I will get in touch with you through PM.

Cheers. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4