Account error 2 numbers

Account error 2 numbers

Account error 2 numbers

darrel204
I'm a Participant Level 2

Account error 2 numbers

I activated a fido prepaid account then realized it gave me a Toronto area code, so I tried to change the number to a Winnipeg area code got an error then a few hours later I received a text saying I got the new number with my proper area code but now my phone doesnt work and it shows both numbers on my account and the account with the Toronto area code has my plan and this new number wont even let me dail 611 to get help. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey @darrel204!

I'm guessing you did all of this online on fido.ca?

Have you tried turning your phone off and back on again?

What do you see on your account, exactly? Does it show that both numbers are active?

Let us know!

darrel204

Yes I did this all online on fido.ca Friday night and it is now Sunday. When I go to my account it shows two phone numbers a Toronto Area code and a Winnipeg Area code. The Toronto Area Code has my 45$ plan on it and my Winnipeg Area code says "oh oh an error has occured try again later" on all account/usage info.

Hey @darrel204

Let's check this out together.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon Smiley

darrel204

So I guess theres nothing I can do until Monday then. Online support say they only help monthly customers thanks for the "Help" @amer customer service not too impressed with fido so far...

@darrel204

I just sent you a PM.

Hope to talk to you soon Smiley