Account current balance versus bill balance

SOLVED
TaeCee
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi what is the difference between account balance and my bill?

my bill reads $165. but then whenever i click "pay bill" and put money on it, my account balance just goes into the negative and my bill stays the same. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Account current balance VS bill balance

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello TaeCee,

Welcome to the community!

Your phone bill is the statement provided showing your charges for the given time period. It is the electronic version of a paper bill sent in the mail.

On the other hand, the account balance is the amount owing on the account. When your bill is first generated, your bill amount and account balance would show the same amount. Once Fido receives payment, your account balance would show $0 (assuming you paid the full amount). However, your bill would still show the same. It might be easier to think of the bill as the paper version, even after you pay the full amount, the amount showing on the paper bill does not change.

Your account balance now shows negative, that means that you now have credit on your account since you've paid again.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello TaeCee,

Welcome to the community!

Your phone bill is the statement provided showing your charges for the given time period. It is the electronic version of a paper bill sent in the mail.

On the other hand, the account balance is the amount owing on the account. When your bill is first generated, your bill amount and account balance would show the same amount. Once Fido receives payment, your account balance would show $0 (assuming you paid the full amount). However, your bill would still show the same. It might be easier to think of the bill as the paper version, even after you pay the full amount, the amount showing on the paper bill does not change.

Your account balance now shows negative, that means that you now have credit on your account since you've paid again.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers