Accidental roaming charges - are they reversible?

SOLVED
oreocookie42
I'm a Participant Level 2

I travel to an area close to the US border fairly frequently, (from the waterfront, if you look across the river, you can see the US) and my phone sometime has a tendency to hop over to AT&T despite still being very much in Canada. I've never had issues with roaming charges there, which is good considering I pass through what is sometimes an area of Fido-Ext (which forces me to turn on data roaming) on my way there. I've got a Fido Roam charge on my most recent bill (which I would have no issue with if I actually went to the States) - is this potentially reversible?

Accepted Solution

Re: Accidental roaming charges - are they reversible?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @oreocookie42!

@KAPABLE-K is right. The entire US/Canadian border (up to 2 kilometres in radius) is covered to make sure you won’t be charged roaming if your phone accidentally connects to a US tower while in Canada.

I can look into it with you by PM, or if you prefer you can also contact us here.

Cheers! Smiley

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @oreocookie42!

@KAPABLE-K is right. The entire US/Canadian border (up to 2 kilometres in radius) is covered to make sure you won’t be charged roaming if your phone accidentally connects to a US tower while in Canada.

I can look into it with you by PM, or if you prefer you can also contact us here.

Cheers! Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @oreocookie42,

Fido have an accidental roaming solution.

Customers who live or travel along the border should no longer be charged for accidental roaming. The entire US/Canadian border up to 2 kilometres in radius is covered to make sure you won't be charged roaming if you connect to a US tower while in Canada.

You can give Fido a call and they should correct it for you.