About First Billing Charges

SOLVED
Nosreme646
I'm a Participant Level 3

So I switched back to Fido over the Black Friday/ Cyber Monday season. I switched on the 30th of November, and within 2 hours I was up and running on the Fido services. I just got my first bill today, but the bill is higher than what it should be. I wen't online to see why, and basically it's telling me from the 30th of November to the 4th of December, I'm being charged an additonal $6 because those counted as extra days, and my bill is actually starting on December 4th to January 3rd. 

My first question is why am I being charged for these extra fees when I was already on the Fido network the day I switched over? And why did it push back the date of my bill when it should be the 30th of every month? 

Is this a normal thing? I've never had to pay anything like this before, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same sort of beginners charge to their accounts. Let me know who you all think!

Thank you, 

Emerson 

Accepted Solution

Re: About First Billing Charges

Solved by Former Moderator FidoManuel

Hey Nosreme646!

When you start your service with us, there's always a few days (24 to 72 hours) while you don't have access to all that's included with your plan. 

We usually inform you of that in store, or over the phone.  It seems it was not the case with you. 

I'll send you a PM to take a look at your first invoice!

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey Nosreme646!

When you start your service with us, there's always a few days (24 to 72 hours) while you don't have access to all that's included with your plan. 

We usually inform you of that in store, or over the phone.  It seems it was not the case with you. 

I'll send you a PM to take a look at your first invoice!