AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

SOLVED
Pav88
I'm a Participant Level 1

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

October 22, 2015 8:00pm 

I have been a Fido customer for over 7-8 years.

I have had mutiple issues with the new line on my account, that we got for my husband.

Fido first sent the new SIM card to the wrong address. We waited for over a month for the SIM card. And they kept charging us for the line that had not been activated yet. 

Moreover, we didn't even get to see the online bills becasue the fido system is not very efficient and up to date.

I called customer service to get the bill fixed. And then they gave the option to go to the store to get a SIM card. We decided to do that as the previous SIM card never reached our address.

We go to the store, show the phone to the Fido Rep and come home with a wrong size SIM card. So we can't activate the line again.

So, we put off activating the line until we find enough time to go get another SIM card.

Now next month bill again shows up with an additonal ~$50 charge on the other line. I called fido to get the bills fixed. The rep on the other side of the line was very polite and humble and offered to look into the problem and come up with a solution. She reverted the charges and we told her we would get the new SIM from the store once we get a chance. She assured us that we won't be billed until we activate the new line over the phone again.

Two months later, same issue arises. I called fido to get it fixed and the customer service rep "GENE" talks so rudely and says it was my responsiblity to go to the store and get the right size SIM card and that we would keep getting charged until then. 

The worst customer service experience ever I would say. Such a huge waste of time. So much miscommunication. Poorly trained and unprofessional staff. The lady kept talking with hearing me out. 

One rep tell us we won't be charged until we activate the SIM over the phone, the rep from today's call tells me no you have been misled. Sorry, we cant do much to help you out.

She passes the phone to the cancellation department on my request. The person from the cancellation department is even worse with his professionalism. 

This is just harrasment. Everyone has a busy schedule and cannot spend 1-2 hours every month to deal with the billing issues. It is quite frustrating when they tell you, yes you have been charged for the services you have never used and we can't do anything about it.

I am sorry to say but such customer service from Fido is very disappointing.

I gave the phone to my husband to sort the issue out, and it took the rep abother 20-30 minutes to understand the issue and do something about it.

We eventually get to the manager. Spend another 10-15 minutes explaining the whole scenario to her again.

This is a very sad account of customer service. Given the technological advancement, the poor billing systems, poor service, I think as a customer I am paying not only the wrongly bills but alo in time and peace of mind.

Fido needs to step up their game and improve their system and customer service. The reps need to communicate clearly. 

Accepted Solution

Re: AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

Solved by Moderator

Hey Pav88 and welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to see that you had all that back and forth with the store and the customer service, simply to get a Sim Card.

Your feedback about the service you received is really appreciated.

I would like to take a look at your account to make sure that everything is resolved.

I'm sending you a PM. Talk to you soon Smiley

View solution in context
11 REPLIES 11
Aj76
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hello there, I can see where you coming from here, I relate to you and much more , here is a brief image of what my issues is with Fido... about a week ago me and my brother went to get a 2 brand new factory unlocked iPhone 6s 64GB from Apple Store in guildford mall in surrey BC, I am a current member with Fido and I pay monthly with no contract as I am so allergic to contracts and their saga :). So we both. Activated the phone and we both were receiving poor reception and only 1 bar of LTE signal so I called I. Fido and they made me change the SIM card 7 freaking times and then guess what ,they ruled the case as it's the phones and 4 of the iPhones are faulty out of the box so I said what is the freaking odd of having 4 brand new iPhone 6s 64GB factory unlocked all faulty at once ??? And I am still waiting for a reply from the tech team to resolve this issue. I am crossing my fingers so they can come up with good news this time otherwise my intention is to photo the 7 baby SIM cards I series and make a YouTube video and comment on it to show the word how good customer relation Fido does provide to their subscribers. And then go on the radio live to talk about claim of 4 faulty iPhone 6s 64 GB out f the box and how superior Fido network is which can ditch Apple products that simple. :). 

Crossing my my fingers for a decent response fro. Tech team. 

Hey Aj76 and thank you for using the Community Smiley

We took care of sending an investigation to our support team to verify the issue concerning your signal.

We are keeping a eye on the situation, and your patience  is really appreciated.

Aj76

Thank you for your effort and consideration, I am gladly patient till the verdict is out regarding my case, but I hope it will not take very long period of time to reach a solution. The attached map is from Fido coverage map of different networks based on my current address .

Thanks

@Aj76 wrote:

Thank you for your effort and consideration, I am gladly patient till the verdict is out regarding my case, but I hope it will not take very long period of time to reach a solution. The attached map is from Fido coverage map of different networks based on my current address .

image.png

Thanks

Hello,

I hope you took note of the foot note:

'*The map is a general representation of wireless coverage where indicated. The areas shown are approximate. Actual coverage area may vary from map graphics. Reception may be affected by various factors, including system availability and capacity, customer's equipment, signal strength, topography and environmental conditions...'

Given your updated location information, this is the screen capture of the cellular towers in the area taken from here

Langley 3.jpg

While I cannot vouch for it's accuracy, according to the site, the Rogers tower located at Willowbrook Shopping Centre does not broadcast LTE bands/frequencies. The closest Rogers LTE tower would be on Production Way.

One thing you might try is to turn your roaming on. I'm not sure if the area qualifies for extended coverage. If it does, your phone will connect to Fido-EXT. There is a closer Telus LTE tower opposite the mall to which your phone might connect to as extended coverage. I'm pretty sure extended coverage does not incur any additional cost. Of course, your current plan details still apply. If this does work for you, you'll just have to remember to turn roaming off when travelling outside of Canada or else you will incur roaming charges (unless you have a travel pack).

Unfortunately those appear to be the only towers in the immediate vicinity. 

I hope @FidoKenny has better news for you.

Cheers

Aj76

What if I tell you I was driving by production way in Langley today and I had no LTE at all instead 4 bars of 3G what would you say ??? !!!!! ... I am aware of everything and I know what factors might affect the signal strength... We are in the 21st century so we do not have to reinvent the wheel again so the resilient answer I got from you in your last feedback regarding the map is not acceptable to me. I AM JUST FOLLOWING THE  CRTC GUIDLINES IN CASE THIS ISSUE DID NOT GET RESOLVED IN A PROFISSIONAL BUSINESS MANNER. SO I AM STILL WAITING FOR SOME FEEDBACK FROM FIDO OVER THE PHONE. 

THANKS 

@Aj76 wrote:

What if I tell you I was driving by production way in Langley today and I had no LTE at all instead 4 bars of 3G what would you say ??? !!!!! ... I am aware of everything and I know what factors might affect the signal strength...

Hello,

I'm glad you're aware of everything. I am sure then, that you are aware voice calls are transmitted via 2G and '3G', except of course voLTE. Obviously, I do not know how you were using your phone while driving but if it was during a call, I would expect '3G' or even 2G. If you were using data, I hope it was handsfree...

Cheers

bryfdo001
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have been thinking of changing my phone and getting a better plan as I always end up overusing my data. And I always pay a lot more than my actual plan price. I contacted the customer service and had a very bad experience on the chat and at the St Laurent Mall Fido Store, Ottawa. I was so determined to leave fido. But I also had my part of receiving awesome customer service from Fido. The representatives on FB, P on Fido live chat were really polite and Kind while handling frustrated customers, I wish all of them had the same amount of patience and Customer service skills at Fido. And I received awesome service from the live chat representative moments ago that makes me stick with Fido.

Aj76

I was in a complete  stop at production way in Langley BC and most of the time I was receiving only 4 bars of 3G and if I am lucky I only get 1 bar of LTE , speaking about data only or via voice I was only testing the LTE signal via browsing that indeed makes it using my phone data only no voice or calls either transmitted or received.

thanks 

Hey Aj76,

Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you! Someone on our end will be contacting you very soon Smiley

-FidoChristina

We're happy to assist you Aj76 Smiley

FidoKenny

Hey Pav88 and welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to see that you had all that back and forth with the store and the customer service, simply to get a Sim Card.

Your feedback about the service you received is really appreciated.

I would like to take a look at your account to make sure that everything is resolved.

I'm sending you a PM. Talk to you soon Smiley