ASUS ZenFone2 ZE-551ML can't make and receive calls

Owlyowl17
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi guys,

My Asus Zenfone 2 can't make and receive any call even it can't dial voicemail.
I have been used this phone for a month. The problem starting 2 weeks ago.
How to solve this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Owlyowl17 Just so we do not miss anything make sure airplane mode is not turned one.

Are you experiencing this problem while connected to WiFi if so turn of your WiFi and see if the problem is still there.

Hi @Owlyowl17!

In addition to what @KAPABLE-K said, we'll need a bit more info to figure out what's going on:

1) Are you connected to the network?

2) If not, have you tried manually searching for the Fido network?

3) Have you tested your SIM card in a different phone to see if the issue persists?

Thanks! Smiley

Owlyowl17

Hi @FidoMaria and @KAPABLE-K

I never use an airplane mode unless I'm on an airplane.I have connected to a network for a  month. The network name is FIDO-EXT/FIDO.

I have connected to a network for a  month. The network name is FIDO-EXT/FIDO.  Starting 2 weeks ago, I cannot receive or make a call using my number. I have been trying to use this card on my 2nd phone and still.

I have tried to make manual network search and still.

I mean it's kinda awkward while a month ago, I can use my phone properly (make or receive call and texting).
Hope you guys can help with this issue.

Thank you

@Owlyowl17 It looks like you used the Fido extended coverage for a longer than allowed period and Fido system may have blocked you, a Fido rep will have to check and verify your account. A rep should message you to look into your account. 

Alternatively you can message Fido on Facebook or Twitter for a faster response.

@Owlyowl17

How long have you been on the extended network? If you're on it for more than 50% of the time after 4 consecuvtive months, access to the extended network will be blocked for a minimum of 30 days as mentioned by @KAPABLE-K

Let me know!

Owlyowl17

@FidoMaria

I've been in the extended network for a month (30 days).

I live in Vancouver and never travel far enough to reach an extended network, so why my sim card in an extended network?

I've tested on my other phone and my friend's phone a moment before. It displayed same FIDO EXT.

@Owlyowl17 wrote:

I live in Vancouver and never travel far enough to reach an extended network, so why my sim card in an extended network?

I've tested on my other phone and my friend's phone a moment before. It displayed same FIDO EXT.

Hello Owlyowl17,

Welcome to the community!

You do not have to travel far to reach an extended network. When I was visiting Port Elgin over the summer, on one side of the street I was connected to Fido and on the other side I was connected to Fido-EXT. What is important, is your location in relation to the cellular towers. If you are out-of-range from the Fido/Rogers towers, but are in-range of an other cellular tower, it will connect to Fido-EXT. You can get an idea of where the cellular towers are here

You also noted that your phone once switched between Fido-EXT/Fido.  It's possible that you were on right on the edge of Fido/Rogers coverage -- weak signal that would cut in and out. Any additional interference (possibly a new building) could have blocked the rest of the signal completely, leaving you with to Fido-EXT only. 

When you tested your SIM on your other phone and your friend's phone, are you able to make/receive calls and/or send/receive texts while the phone showed Fido-EXT? Are you unable to use your phone (ZenFone 2) everywhere? Both indoor and outdoors?

Since your phone connects to Fido-EXT, roaming should already be enabled. However, have you verified that is the case? Here is some additional information regarding extended coverage.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

@Owlyowl17 have you verified our coverage map? Certain areas in BC are in the extended network.