90 min wait time to speak to customer service to redeem fido dollars

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 90_Min_on_Hold
I'm a Participant Level 1

90 min wait time to speak to customer service to redeem fido dollars

I logged onto my Fido account and tried to redeem Fido dollars.  It told me to call customer service.  Customer service told me that "we are unable to take your call".  I went to flagship store on Robson Street in Vancouver.  They told me to call customer serivce.  I have now been on hold for 30 minutes of an estimated 90 minute wait time.

I have been a Fido customer for 10 years.  I have been earning Fido dollars for close to 10 years.  You are ending a customer loyalty system without allowing customers to redeem.  This is an unfair and improper process.

Your response and the timeliness of your response will greatly influence who my carrier is for the next 10 years.

**Edited to add labels

Accepted Solution

Re: 90 min wait time to speak to customer service to redeem fido dollars

Welcome to the community @90_Min_on_Hold! Smiley

Sorry to hear you we're having issues redeeming your Fidodollars! We have been quite popular lately hence the delays in our response. As UncleMomo mentioned, we notified our customers a while ago either by text, e-mail, invoice or on the website about the Fidodollars phase out. We replaced it with awesome perks such as Spotify Premium, Daily Vice and FidoRoam which can be redeem immediately. We definitely don't want to see you go however. Let us know if need help and we will send you a PM. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 14
I'm a Participant Level 3 UncleMomo
I'm a Participant Level 3

I've been a Fido customer as far back as 2002 and have also left a balance of Fido Dollars/Rewards. There was nothing that I needed (add-ons are all that is available).

However, as a longstanding, loyal Fido customer I do know I was made aware of the end of the Fido Dollars/Rewards program loooong in advance along with everyone else.

Yes, a shame that there was no other use for redeeming any value (getting something for free), and I had lots of opportunity during my time as a customer, and from the time I was made aware of the closure to use them, along with everyone else in the same position.

Over the last few years my monthly plan rate has come down and my minutes & data included have increased.

So, I still feel there is good enough value compared to what else is available in my market and feel a  freebie is not worth considering a switch (and that added up-front costs & time commitment that would be involved).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 14
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Solution

Welcome to the community @90_Min_on_Hold! Smiley

Sorry to hear you we're having issues redeeming your Fidodollars! We have been quite popular lately hence the delays in our response. As UncleMomo mentioned, we notified our customers a while ago either by text, e-mail, invoice or on the website about the Fidodollars phase out. We replaced it with awesome perks such as Spotify Premium, Daily Vice and FidoRoam which can be redeem immediately. We definitely don't want to see you go however. Let us know if need help and we will send you a PM. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 14
I'm a Participant Level 2 daweb
I'm a Participant Level 2

I hear you! On hold for 45 minutes, finally get a guy who is looking for a sollution for my fido dollars and then i loose him! But I have to say, he did call back a few minutes later and was able to put most of the amount to credit my next bill. It was only $13.44 as I had already purchased a new phone last week and he was able to credit only 11.00 but thats ok with me. I am sure they are very busy with everyone who leaves this to the last minute.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 14

@daweb wrote:

was able to put most of the amount to credit my next bill

Nice one! I didn't even ask if that was an option Eyes_Shut Surprised

Anyway, it's all over for now Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 14
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Trevtb
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Your lucky, I called and got a message that wait time was over 3 hours. How can a company even have this as a message. I think fido wants to turn everybody off so everybody goes to Rogers. Cheaper for them to have just 1 company!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 14
I'm a Participant Level 2 pnyknights

I wasn't even given a time frame! Was on hold for almost an hour only to have the rep tell me there was no better offer available to my current plan (2gb canada unlimited $65+ $5 vp). Yes I was aware of the expiring fido dollars since the beginning of the year, however could only use them recently due to lack of phone selection and awaiting better offers. Can you even have them applied to your bill? I thought you couldn't.

I must've called half a dozen times to ask if there was a better offer available. Been going over my data almost every month for the past half year yet the only options available where 2.5gb for $70 or 4gb for $85, current overage is $10/gb which would've gotten me the same thing. My wife's experience was more of a headache as she wanted to return the original phone she got to exchange for another but basically had to renew under the new plans to get any sort of subsidy.

The kicker here is that, throughout those 5 or so months, I got at least three calls asking for CSR's asking if I knew of any Friends of Family that could benefit from said offer. Told them all three times, I will not be recommending your service to anyone else until you can offer me a better plan.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 14
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @pnyknights!

Sorry to hear you had to wait so long to get to an agent. We have been quite busy lately with the Fidodollars phase out. We definitely want to make sure you stay with Fido so I'll send you a PM now to check out your best options. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 14
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Quick note for all who complained on the Telephone holdup. You can try using the Fido Live Chat function, the livechat rep can be just as helpful as the telephone rep. and the wait time is much less.

Since you already know how to reach Fido through the fourm, I strongly suggest to give Live Chat a try.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 14
I'm a Participant Level 2 pnyknights

Last time I did that, I ended up with a full size SIM card for my 6P....at least it's LTE though....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 14
I'm a Participant Level 3 chanrhc

I've been on hold for over 45 minutes now... if this post is true, I'll be here for another 45 minutes...?? Yikes...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 14
I'm a Contributor Level 1 GKL
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Did you know that many companies purposely keep you on hold, diconnect your call, give you the run around on purpose, so that you just get frustrated and give up? Give up on redeeming points, or getting a better deal that is. They can save money. There was a recent news story about this issue. Company insiders interviewed. It really is a shame. Of course, I do not know if that is what is happening with Fido.  However, I experienced losing allot of money worth of points while I was experiencing similar problems as you have with Fido.  When I posted my concerns on here, I would get customer service reps appologizing and telling me that they would fix the problem and would PM me directly.  To date, I have not had anyone PM me, or resolve the issue.  Smoke and mirrors?

The past 3 days, I have been calling customer service to ask a simple question about my plan.  Hold times are 45 to 60 minutes. Disconnected as well. I finally got through to someone today. Nice fellow, but very poor English. Difficult to understand him.  

I've been with Fido since the company started.  It's a huge disappointment the way that I have been treated in the past year. I am activly looking for another cell phone provider.  

Good luck to you and have a nice day. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 14
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @GKL

I can assure you that the wait times are not on purpose; we really are experiencing a much higher volume of calls than usual.

That said, I've sent you a PM. Cheers!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 14

I've been with FIdo, too, starting around 2002-2003. I had a brief gap while I was working in another country.

I have had some long waits times, but not unexpectedly. 

I found two alternatives: call back feature, and Facebook Messenger,  Both have been very useful for me. This forum is not an actual customer service option, it is just a online community. 

Also, over the past 5-6 years my plan price has come down by 30% and my data has more than doubled. Good luck finding a better value provider Happy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 14