613 number and trying to get new plan with Quebec pricing

SOLVED
bigboii
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have been a client of Fido since January 2017 and always had a 613 number whille being a resident of Quebec. When clicking on "change plan" while logged in my account, the Quebec plans are the ones made available to me (see screenshot below). However, when I select a plan I get the following message: 

I have been getting the same message for months now and I tried calling multiple times. Fido representatives keep telling me there is a "glitch" in their system and I should change my telephone number in order to get a Quebec plan. For me this does not make sense, why can't Fido fix this "glitch", I always had this number while being a resident of Quebec. Why wasn't I informed I would run into these problems when I first signed up with Fido? I simply cannot change numbers since I had it for 15 years now and use it for work.

Could Fido possibly fix this "glitch" in order to finally be able to change plans (with Quebec pricing and not Ontario pricing) as I am a resident of Quebec and this is what I am technically entitled to?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 12.34.53 PM.png

Accepted Solution

Re: 613 number and trying to get new plan with Quebec pricing

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @bigboii,

Its not a glitch in the system, if you want to have a Quebec plan you need to have a Quebec number. It's not possible to have a number from one province and a plan from another.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @bigboii,

Its not a glitch in the system, if you want to have a Quebec plan you need to have a Quebec number. It's not possible to have a number from one province and a plan from another.