611 number does not work for cancellation

martinwiin
I'm a Participant Level 2

Dear Fido,
It seems like the phone line 611 or1-888-481-3436 does not work correctly for cancellation/deactivation of Fido Account. I want to deactivate my Fido account since I am going home to Denmark soon. Today, I tried to call you twice the 1-888-481-3436 but without success. I waited for 40 min each time until I reached customer service where I was redirected to a dead end which resulted in the phone hang up. I called again but then I had to wait in line again. I am going back to Denmark after my exchange stay here and therefore this need to be fixed ASAP. Please tell me how I can cancel my Fido Account and mobile.

By the way, I tried to reach you at Messenger and live chat but without luck. How do I come in contact with you when the phone line does not work? 

Best,
Martin

7 REPLIES 7
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @martinwiin,

Welcome to the community!

The phone number is working its just that its really busy today with everyone trying to get the on the current promotional plan. 

You just have to be a bit patient.

martinwiin
I'm a Participant Level 2

The problem is that each time I reach the customer service and they try to send me to the right place, a voice says something like: "You do not have access to that section." 

Hi @martinwiin!

Welcome to the Community!

I'll help you with that, I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. 

Unix1998_toront
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have same issue since Dec 17 , 2017 , sunday, I can't conected to fido customer service by any way :

phone, live chat , in store ( store said , the don't handle this issue)

Thanks 

Hey @Unix1998_toront! What can we help with?

Gcampbell1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I'm also experiencing the same problem for the last 3 days. Trying 611, the 1888 number and live chat nothing has been working. Trying to contact about a billing issue. Very frustrating.

Hi @Gcampbell1

I'll send you a PM so we can go over your invoice together. 

Chat soon!